Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

already! how do I handle this??

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:37 PM
  • 7 Replies
My oldest is soon to be 8 and her dad had kicked us out back in June so I knew this year was going to be tricky and her teacher has been amazing with helping. Well today she had gotten her folder home and she had gotten a bad report today due to trying to change her grade in her folder that comes home daily. She is really smart but this year she is making poor choices and it just keeps getting worse I don't know how to handle this change in her any advice would be great
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mommy06and09
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:43 PM
not sure how to handle it but i wanted to say im sorry you are going through this. im sure its been hard on her with her dad and all. have you spent extra time with her?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpurgeonMom
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:48 PM
thank you for the response it has been a challenge I have 4 kids I take time to sit with them each one on one I'd they need to talk and I do take them out separately just to have a special mommy day once a month it seems to help her get a lot out but she it's starting to loose intrest in. school it's just hard to see her go through this

Quoting mommy06and09:

not sure how to handle it but i wanted to say im sorry you are going through this. im sure its been hard on her with her dad and all. have you spent extra time with her?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bribabyfever7
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
1 mom liked this
My opinion,

I think the last thing she wants is to make u upset with her (it makes her sad and feel BAD.)

So she will do that, even change the grade to hope that you don't see what was there before. She doesn't want to hurt your feelings. Divorce is really hard on the babies.

Maybe remind her that nothing she could ever do will make you not love her as much as you do when she is even succeeding in what she does!

Tell her to never hide these things from you because there is no need.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Family counseling or her talking to the school counselor about why she makes poor choices.   DD had a bad day last week for some reason and had to deal with the natural consequences of her actions.  She is 6 .

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:29 PM
2 moms liked this

The school counselor and maybe even some family counseling would be very beneficial.  At her age, she has lots of feelings about what's going on and with all the changes, she has no control over what's going on around her.  It's hard for a child her age to know how to appropriately deal with everything.  

SpurgeonMom
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Thanks ladies after talking to her teacher I am going to get her into counseling her teacher and I had a meeting today and it's worse than I had initially thought. She is in 2nd grade doing 4th grade work so academics are not suffering it's just behavioral
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Aww poor thing. Maybe some counseling. Extra attention.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN