Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Bronchitis

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:05 AM
  • 4 Replies

My daughter is in kindergarten. Last night she was coughing until 2 in the morning, even though we had given her the meds the doctor told us to. My husband broke down and gave her a small amount of cough medicine that I had. My husband decided to keep her home from school since she didnt get that much sleep and was still coughing. We ended up taking her to the doctor and discovered that she has bronchitis so she cant go back to school until Tuesday. She is upset about it but since there is no school Monday she has to wait till Tuesday. I talked to the teacher to let her know what was going on and she told me that she was glad I kept Hannah home. she said that she wished more parents would do the same thing. Apparently most of the class has been coughing and having runny noses, so whatever the kids have just keep getting spread around. This teacher does everything she can to help prevent the kids from getting sick but there is only so much she can do. I don't get why parents would send their child to school when they are sick. I understand that coughing and runny noses aren't really good reasons to keep your child home, but these kids have yellow snot coming out of their noses and are having deep coughs. 

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:53 AM

We kept dd home last year for a week due to coughing.  The doctor said she was clear to go back but given the coughing and lack of sleep we kept her home.  We picked up school work and books from the library at school for her to continue her school work at home.

Decker
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:58 AM

I have to go to her school tomorrow to let her class read their "yellow books" to me so I am going to pick up her school work then. Are there any books you recommend for a child who is just learning to read?

Quoting frndlyfn:

We kept dd home last year for a week due to coughing.  The doctor said she was clear to go back but given the coughing and lack of sleep we kept her home.  We picked up school work and books from the library at school for her to continue her school work at home.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:05 AM

If the library has it, any mo willems ones are good as well as dr seuss for you to read with her.  DD wasnt as proficient at reading last year in kindergarten but she loved a dr seuss book about butterflies and was able to pick out many words she knew.  She was also excited to tell her teacher about what butterfly homes were called.  LOL  DD picks out alot of non fiction / factual books for her book a day program.

Quoting Decker:

I have to go to her school tomorrow to let her class read their "yellow books" to me so I am going to pick up her school work then. Are there any books you recommend for a child who is just learning to read?

Quoting frndlyfn:

Aishamusty
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:20 AM

It's not fair on other kids and on your kid because if his feeling down he can't absorbe

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)