Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Kids movies!!! *added*

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:11 AM
  • 36 Replies
There is no kids movies playing in the theater!!! I wanted to take advantage of having a Saturday off and take DS out just the two of us. I was hoping to go to the movies with him but there is nothing playing!!! One theater had monsters inc 3D but DS and I both get sick wearing those glasses and we own the movie :-(

We are probably going to do a redbox. The issue was that DS is big brother and going to the movies is "mom and me" time away from the baby but nothing playing,too cold for the zoo or park and he went to the aquarium last week. Oo well a night in snuggling on the couch will be fun. We can save our movie tickets for next time
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
signingmama2915
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Maybe rent some kids movirs and make a day of it, make cookies and popcorn?
nikabear
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:42 AM
Frankenwennie was good as well as the muppets and madagascar 3. Rent them from the redbox and have a camp out in the living room!!!
Lindsayhoy0612
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:45 AM
We saw frankenweenie in the theaters and omg was it freaky lol

Quoting nikabear:

Frankenwennie was good as well as the muppets and madagascar 3. Rent them from the redbox and have a camp out in the living room!!!

nikabear
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:48 AM
I actually loved it! It was better than paranorman. Or you could go and buy some old movies and watch them.

Quoting Lindsayhoy0612:

We saw frankenweenie in the theaters and omg was it freaky lol

Quoting nikabear:

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:02 AM
I know! Since there is no school on Monday I was going to take DD and my nieces to the movies but now we might go bowling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wifeynmommie80
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Yep thats what I saw, there are some Disney movies on netflix now, you could hit up redbox, even probably just buy a DVD for the price of the movie theater, and watch at home. But I agree, I took my son to see Monster's inc in 3d he hated the glasses, it was def a fail on my part.

Quoting signingmama2915:

Maybe rent some kids movirs and make a day of it, make cookies and popcorn?

arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Does it have to be a movie outing with your son? There must be lots of other kid-friendly venues to enjoy in your area that are open on Monday (if they're not usually dark): zoo, museums (art, natural history), botanical gardens?

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I agree with having a movie night at home. We just checked out Diary of a Wimpy Kid from Redbox a couple of nights ago.

corrinacs
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I agree with the DVD's :).  WE don't go to places like that often because they are overcrowded here.  And my son has issues with really loud noises.

So, I get DVD's or Netflix and we make a night of it :).  I even let him set up his indoor tent in the living room :).

huskermom98
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I hear ya!  DH had a work dinner this last Tuesday night so I though I'd check into the movies to see what's available at the nearest theater that has $4 ticket Tuesdays...nothing but R and PG-13 movies...  I was hoping they'd still have Monsters Inc (even though I have the VHS tape) just for something fun to do, but it was gone.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)