Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
My sons birthday is on a Thursday this year and I am debating whether to bring treats to his class. His birthday party is going to be Thursday night so I don't know if I should do something at school or not. It's fun to do but I don't feel like I have to, especially with his party later that day which will definitely have cake or cupcakes. He's in kindergarten btw.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Replies (11-20):
TroyboysMom
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Frozen gogurts are always a hit at schools here.

momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Dd's b-day is this week and I am trying to decide on what to send in. She has 21 classmates and her teacher that she plans to make mini cards for with her name, address and phone number on the back. She is relatively new to the school and she wants to set up play dates with some of the kids outside of school. She isn't having a family party this year. Dh is taking her out to dinner and her best friend is going to send the night but that's it this year. 

BKozICan
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:24 PM

One year I sent mini-pears for ds. Other than that I don't and I hate when any others do. It really sucks for the kids with dietary issues to be left out in such a big way on a regular basis. 

janitablue
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:32 PM

If you decide to bring birthday treats click on Pinterest for creative ideas.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting janitablue:

If you decide to bring birthday treats click on Pinterest for creative ideas.

Thanks for posting this. One of ds's classmates (someone he likes, too, although that's irrelevant for this) is gluten, sugar, dairy, food dye free. Ideally, I'll bring something she can eat, too. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Gwen (43) David (55) Augie (5.5) Alex (4)

Jessiejack
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:53 PM

We did not send anything to school for my sons birthday. They have a no outside food rule and many with allergies. We had cake at home that night and took him to dinner

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Our district doesn't allow treats anymore : (   That rule is part of their Wellness Plan.

Autumn19
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:55 PM
i sent in blueberry muffins. Ds doesnt like cake. But yes send it in ds teacher makes it special they get a birthday hat ect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Our school has banned food treats after complaints from parents, particularly those with children with allergies or strong concerns about unhealthy foods at school, so we can only send in things like pencils, small toys, etc as treats. Kids usually like to pass out something to their classmates.

soymujer
by Mikki on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:19 PM

My kids have only brought treats once on their birthdays.

family in the van   Mom of four

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)