Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids
My sons birthday is on a Thursday this year and I am debating whether to bring treats to his class. His birthday party is going to be Thursday night so I don't know if I should do something at school or not. It's fun to do but I don't feel like I have to, especially with his party later that day which will definitely have cake or cupcakes. He's in kindergarten btw.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Replies (31-40):
Karen2313
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:32 AM

We always take something in to school on his birthday. Our school has a healthy snack rule though. We can bring in cupcakes but they have to take them home to eat. They do have their holiday parties throughout the year where they can have cupcakes, candy, and cookies during the parties.

saltlifemama
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I always send cupcakes in for my sons birthdays. Ds2's birthday falls in the summer so I send them in right before school lets out.

The kids love it and for that reason alone I do it.

kngarber
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:54 AM
I won't ever again. My dd's school doesn't allow anything homemade. Not even from the bakery. Everything has to be prepackaged. I let DD pick whatever she wanted and she picked airheads. The teacher wouldn't give them out bc they are a choking hazard. It really annoyed me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
theresaphilly
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I would only send maybe mini cup cakes or cookies, nothing big if he's going to be celebrating with family.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:07 PM
My oldest is in the summer time so i would not be any help and the baby is around christmas time..
14LVL
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:16 PM

You don't have to make it a big deal at school, particularly if not all the kids are invited.  Just a special snack ...

RLT2
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I just sent in cupcakes for DD (OMG-She's 6 now!) on Fri. Today is her actual birthday, so we'll have pizza and a B-day cake tonight for just us and my parents, she opened her presents from us 1st thing this morning! In about a month and a half, her and my younger daughter will have a double "big" b-day party with friends/family etc.

mysweet1s
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I would.  Making a batch of cupcakes seems like an easy way to make him feel even more special.  It's so fun to feel special on your birthday!

JTROX
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:24 PM

A kid just had a bday in my son's class this week.  I thought they had a neat and unusual idea.  Instead of bringing in cookies or cupcakes, they brought in doughnuts for a morning snack.

Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:28 PM
I bring in Popsicles and both teachers so far have been fine with me staying for snack time. They don't get Popsicles in class often because of having no place to store them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)