Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My sons birthday is on a Thursday this year and I am debating whether to bring treats to his class. His birthday party is going to be Thursday night so I don't know if I should do something at school or not. It's fun to do but I don't feel like I have to, especially with his party later that day which will definitely have cake or cupcakes. He's in kindergarten btw.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Replies (41-50):
imasurvivor
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:45 PM

party

My son's is in Kindergarten & his birthday is this Thursday...I'm ordering Pizza cut into 16 slices for their snack time and little bite size cupcakes. 

calsmom62
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:49 PM
What's a stalker list?

Quoting disneymom2two:

We're not allowed to bring birthday treats unless they're on the Stalker list (peppered turkey jerky, anyone?)  It's a huge petpeeve of mine and I don't want to get started so I'll just say that if treats were allowed, I'd send them; I will not send  peppered turkey sticks or 30 bags of Baked! Doritos Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips (just what every teacher wants - 30 kids with orange fingers in her classroom).

disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:54 PM

http://www.johnstalkerinstitute.org/alist/

Quoting calsmom62:

What's a stalker list?

Quoting disneymom2two:

We're not allowed to bring birthday treats unless they're on the Stalker list (peppered turkey jerky, anyone?)  It's a huge petpeeve of mine and I don't want to get started so I'll just say that if treats were allowed, I'd send them; I will not send  peppered turkey sticks or 30 bags of Baked! Doritos Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips (just what every teacher wants - 30 kids with orange fingers in her classroom).

Morrigan333
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:01 PM

I wouldn't do the thing at school, since his party at home is THAT night anyway.

calsmom62
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Ohhh. Thanks. I feel dumb now. It's part of the MA lunch reform lol....

Quoting disneymom2two:

Quoting calsmom62:

What's a stalker list?

Quoting disneymom2two:

disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

It is although many of the items aren't available here.  Makes SO much sense.  

Quoting calsmom62:

Ohhh. Thanks. I feel dumb now. It's part of the MA lunch reform lol....

Quoting disneymom2two:

Quoting calsmom62:

What's a stalker list?

Quoting disneymom2two:

butterflycircle
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Do a lot of kids bring treats to school for their b-days? 

We did this with my daughters last b-day too.I took cup cakes to school for her anyways. It is fun for the kids and she felt special, after watching several other kids have b-days and bring cupcakes to school.

SueMNanaMama
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:16 PM

One year I bought rulers at an office supply store and put stickers "from Garrett" on them, so as not to send MORE food.  My kid's birthday is usually Thanksgiving week.  The kids are overwhelmed with "feasting" already, and I have to choose whether to send the week before the vacation or after, as well.  It doesn't have to be on the actual day.  We took cupcakes this year, but other kids have brought lollipops and smaller snacks.  And thanks, you just reminded me to buy Valentines!!

Mom2Boys9501
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I would do it. It's always fun to celebrate their birthdays with the kids in his class. I'm taking cupcakes to my youngest son's class on Friday for his birthday which thankfully is on Friday this year.

However with us we stop in 5th grade because 6th grade is junior high and that would get way to expensive.

JustaSM231
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:50 PM

You might call and talk to the school first.  SD9's school sent out a note at the beginning of the school year saying they will only allow sweets twice a year, once at Christmas and once at Valentine's day.  They will not allow you to bring sweets in to school for birthday celebrations anymore because they are trying to promote a "healthy eating environment." Kinda of blows but I think for SD9's birthday we are going to do treat bags filled with things like pencils, eraser, stickers, etc. so we can do a little somethin for her birthday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)