Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My sons birthday is on a Thursday this year and I am debating whether to bring treats to his class. His birthday party is going to be Thursday night so I don't know if I should do something at school or not. It's fun to do but I don't feel like I have to, especially with his party later that day which will definitely have cake or cupcakes. He's in kindergarten btw.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Replies (91-99):
Kc0001
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:36 PM

They don't allow anything edible to be sent to school here, only small trinkets or novelties... Kind of lame but I get it... If they did I would have sent cupcakes!

jenn31
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I do. It's all about making them feel special, on their special day. I sent these a few months ago. She is a Hugh Harry potter fan!

JanuaryBaby06
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:54 PM

My sons Birthday was Friday and I sent in Munchkins. He is in 1st grade, I did the same thing last year.

Ali5683
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I thought schools were against that nowadays. I remember when I was in elementary school I would take treats for my class but was recently told that schools no longer allow that. I hope that's not true.

sexymamma20
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:21 PM

On the last day of school I take treats in since both of mine are summer birthdays. Once my 2 youngest get to school I will take in treats on their bdays

SerenityBerry
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:32 PM

I did send treats for my oldest when she was in kindergarten, they had a kiddo in her class with an egg allergy so they had a ton of rice crispy treats, I sent in chocolate covered pretzel rods when my daughters turn can around. 

MaMaLaLa78
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

As a teacher I love it when birthdays are celebrated.  :) send something easy if you can. 

larschick
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:28 PM
My sons birthday is Tuesday so I'm taking cupcakes to his class. He's in headstart. Kids love getting treats like that!
SassyWildflower
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:52 PM
I plan on taking cupcakes to dd's kindergarten class for her bday.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)