Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Having Your Children's Teachers as Facebook Friends

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:15 PM
  • 74 Replies

Poll

Question: For those of you that have Facebook, do you have your child's teacher as a Facebook friend?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 89

View Results

How many of you actually have your children's teachers on your Facebook (if you even have Facebook)?  I may have made the awful mistake last year of adding some of them (and parents) and now wish that I hadn't because it's too hard to take them off.  I have actually seen a lot more than I have wanted to see and wish I was completely ignorant to their "petty", childish behaviors.  Take the poll ... I am anxious to know.

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont....I made that mistake a few years ago....

nikabear
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:16 PM
I am friends with my childrens teachers on fb
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
14LVL
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a few people from school on there but I think I am going to delete them.   I won't delete just one, I will be sure to remove all for the sake of my sanity.  I am learning that even at the elementary age, "cliques" exist.  Moms that manipulate the teachers with gifts, etc.  Done, I'm over it. 

IncognitoOne
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:18 PM

My boys pre-k teahcer (they both had the same teacher for pre-k) is.....but because she was before I knew she'd be teaching my boys....we went to high school together. 

natesmom1228
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:20 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I would never have my sons teachers as facebook friends. I am actually surprised they accepted the request.

jillbailey26
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:20 PM
3 moms liked this

No.  Facebook is personal.  My relationship with their current teachers are professional.  In a sense.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

jen113000
by Jenna on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I'm not friends with any of my sons teachers, past or present. 

14LVL
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I love ALL of your responses .... maybe my daughter's school is a little strange.  I guess I got caught up in it because so many people immediately popped up on her kindergarten teachers facebook page that I felt the "peer pressure" and felt I needed to.  So good to hear this from all of you.  Now, to find a way to delete them is the question.

Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:40 PM
I'm a teacher and I have some parents of former students and they were friends while I taught the kids. We're a small school system and lives intertwine a lot. I'm not against being friends with my son's teachers. At one point I even contacted a parent when I had issues with her son. It was the easiest and quickest way to get in touch with her.
Andrewsmom70
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Why not just remove them from your news feed. Then you won't have to see their pettiness and won't have to explain deleting them.

Quoting 14LVL:

I love ALL of your responses .... maybe my daughter's school is a little strange.  I guess I got caught up in it because so many people immediately popped up on her kindergarten teachers facebook page that I felt the "peer pressure" and felt I needed to.  So good to hear this from all of you.  Now, to find a way to delete them is the question.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN