Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

these kids driving me crazy!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:24 PM
  • 11 Replies
My kids don't go outside n play like normal kids. They act like they never have nothing to do but try to play on the computer all day. Its my 12 yro and my 8 yr ol stepson. They argue all the time, competing for attention(more the 8 yr ol)they always watching long hours of tv. My 12 yr ol is really being disrespectful and acts dpressd and bipolar sometime. The 8yr ol act like he got adhd and they always telling and being in grown ppl face all day. I wanna kick them out lol. But they're too young
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saltlifemama
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

To young to go outside? Do you have a backyard? I do not understand. I am not trying to be mean but at 12 and 8 I do not see a reason why they can not play outside.

I have a 8yr and 6yr and you can bet that I kick them outside. Even today I sent them out when they were getting a little to crazy. It was cold out but I use to play outside in the winter in Northeast PA. Bundle them up and they will be just fine.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Send them outside.   If they are acting like those disorders better get them evaluated so they can get proper treatment and help you cope with their inability to have creative play using their minds rather than tv or computer.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I completely agree.  Kick their butts outside and call it a day.  If they can't find something to do outside, tough luck!

KRIZZ25
not everyone's child should be treated special ..
Wednesday at 10:56 PM
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:22 PM
turn off the tv and computer .make em go out side..tell no tv till thy have go out for 30 min. give ema foot ball or book and say go out now before u get hurt!!!
soymujer
by Mikki on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Quoting steelcrazy:

I completely agree.  Kick their butts outside and call it a day.  If they can't find something to do outside, tough luck!

family in the van   Mom of four

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Again, thanks for agreeing with me.  SMH

Quoting soymujer:

Quoting steelcrazy:

MsLogansMommy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:24 PM
2 moms liked this

I dont think op meant they are to young to go outside I think she was joking saying she wants to kick them out of the house like to move out but they are too young.

OP if they complain about being bored you should give them chores to do I bet they wont be bored anymore lol  

Quoting saltlifemama:

To young to go outside? Do you have a backyard? I do not understand. I am not trying to be mean but at 12 and 8 I do not see a reason why they can not play outside.

I have a 8yr and 6yr and you can bet that I kick them outside. Even today I sent them out when they were getting a little to crazy. It was cold out but I use to play outside in the winter in Northeast PA. Bundle them up and they will be just fine.

aetrom
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Unplug the computer and take away electronics! For a time them set a clear limit of how much they are allowed per day. The beginning will be hard but then they will find other things to do. All the electronics/tv also can account for some of the behavior issues...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butterflycircle
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Turn the tv and computer off. They will find something to do. My kids are 2 and 7 and spend to much time watching tv and that is one of my new years plans, watching less tv and reading and playing games more. 

othermom
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Take away tv and any games and make them go outside.

My kids are 9,7 and 3 and will play outside alone(my older kids are out with the youngest in our fenced yard and I check on them every few minutes. We live in a really quiet neighbor hood on a culdisac) OPlus we usually go to the park or for a walk alteast 30 minutes a day

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)