Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

My son always smells

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:59 AM
  • 56 Replies
I am constantly on him about washing and keeping his clothes changed, but he wets his pants constantly and doesn't tell anyone. He gets grounded but it doesn't do any good
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sillytime
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:03 AM
How old is he?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luv.my.kids.365
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Daily baths. Maybe try "potty training" again. Restrict fluids, take him to the bathroom, etc. Watch hime bathe, make sure he's coming clean. Talk to him, In this group, I am guessing he is 6 or so. He can tell you what's going on. Is it new? 

heathermom77
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Yeah we are potty training nope this has been going on for years, he is in 3rd grade so we have talked a lot

Quoting luv.my.kids.365:

Daily baths. Maybe try "potty training" again. Restrict fluids, take him to the bathroom, etc. Watch hime bathe, make sure he's coming clean. Talk to him, In this group, I am guessing he is 6 or so. He can tell you what's going on. Is it new? 

ruby_jewel_04
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
IDK what to tell you Momma. My 5yo DS is the same. Its frustrating as hell. Bump! I'd like to know too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heathermom77
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:08 AM
He is 10
sillytime
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:11 AM
2 moms liked this
Ok wow. Has anything changed in his life that may be affecting him emotionally? Did something happen at school? Is he being bullied or teased about this at school or home by siblings. Maybe you should take him to see a therapist. Good luck I'm sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygirl4326
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:14 AM

My 10 yr old son does exactly what yours does, i took him to the doctor and they say its a mature thing and he will most likely grow out of it. It is so frustrating, believe me, I know exactly how you feel.

Quoting heathermom77:

He is 10

heathermom77
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Is he a bed wetter?

Quoting babygirl4326:

My 10 yr old son does exactly what yours does, i took him to the doctor and they say its a mature thing and he will most likely grow out of it. It is so frustrating, believe me, I know exactly how you feel.

Quoting heathermom77:

He is 10

Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

At that age, I would take him to the doctor. It's unsanitary, and I think a 10 year old should know better.

jaytee
by Jen on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:54 AM
3 moms liked this

Doesn't he get picked on for being stinky? If being picked on isn't changing his habits then it's time for a doctor's visit. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)