Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Spring Break is coming soon. Where are you going?

Posted by   + Show Post
Spring Break will be here in a few weeks. My kindergartener chose to go to Washington DC this year. She wants to see the White House. We had offered to take her to Florida, but apparently she values the US President over Minnie Mouse and the Disney princesses.

We'll be traveling across the country in our RV, so we'll see 7 states (each way) on our drive. It should be much more interesting terrain than our trip to Texas over Christmas. This trip will have my daughter visiting her 34th state, and having visited 13 states in the last 12 months.

What are you doing for spring break?

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
jen113000
by Jenna on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:02 PM
No plans this year. My friend is getting married one of the spring break weekends so will be busy with that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:04 PM
I wanted to go to Hawaii, but we have to move at the end of the summer, halfway across country, and it's killed all of my hopes and dreams :-(. Like seriously, it's ruining my life.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sarahfire
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Going? Ummmm nowhere. DH and I both have to work, we don't get paid vacations. Maybe I'll take a day off and do something local with the kids, we have a lot of stuff here they haven't even seen.

sarahfire
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Cool I want to see George Strait this year but prob won't end up going. Maybe take the kids to the carnival but its hard with a hyper toddler who likes to run off. Love the Rodeo though!

Quoting Fields456:

We will just be going to the Houston rodeo a few times. Maybe to Austin for a night . Dd was suppose to go to Disney world with my parents but the trip was pushed back to this summer because my grandmother is dying of cancer

Fields456
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Ya unless u have your tickets u won't be he is sold out ( from what I was told haven't tried ). :-(. I love the rodeo too. I'm joining a Commitee next year. Was going too this year but with my grand mother I did t want to be committed and then not Be able to work if something happens

Quoting sarahfire:

Cool I want to see George Strait this year but prob won't end up going. Maybe take the kids to the carnival but its hard with a hyper toddler who likes to run off. Love the Rodeo though!

Quoting Fields456:

We will just be going to the Houston rodeo a few times. Maybe to Austin for a night . Dd was suppose to go to Disney world with my parents but the trip was pushed back to this summer because my grandmother is dying of cancer

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Quoting matofour:

Nothing for spring break. We are summer travelers.
We have a travel trailer. My kids have been to 46 states. We have driven coast to coast, twice.
This summer we are saying closer to home,
Williamsburg, Gettysburg and Hershey.
But, my husband is taking my two older kids to Ireland.
The next summer we will be driving from nj, to Oregon (visiting brother in Portland). We will also spend time in Idaho, Washington (head to forks, we have friends there), and we want to spend time in glacier national park.
We will be gone the whole summer, between 7-8 weeks.
DC is so fun. We love DC! We can't wait to get back there, so much to see and do.

I would love to be able to go for 7 or 8 weeks at a time. Unfortunately, we're limited to about a week and a half at a time. Our goal is to have our daughter see all 50 states before she graduates, and we've got a good start.

Your trip next summer sounds great! We've been halfway across the country twice in the last few months, so we'll keep our summer vacation closer to home.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:57 PM

We don't have a Spring Break here, so we aren't going anywhere for Spring Break.

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:19 PM

My kindergartener wants to see the white house too.  He's going to have to settle for the state capital though.  It's only a couple of hours away.  Hubby doesn't get vacation pay and we just can't afford a vacation.  We usually go on a mini vacation in January just for the weekend but we couldn't do that this year either.  My kids have never been out of state :(

ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Quoting mcginnisc:

Me? Nothing but hit the gym.. the kids on the other hand are going to FL to the Grands' homes.. my mother and my IL's live down the street from each other so my oldest is going to my IL's house with their cousin and my youngest is going to my mom's house. My mom and MIL are going to drive up together and get them as usual..Their break is in April, but they have a winter break in February so we will probably go down to FL then. 

That sounds like a great time for the kids and quiet time for mom!
Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:15 PM

It's still over two months away here. Currently, we have no plans but enjoying the down time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)