Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Spring Break is coming soon. Where are you going?

Posted by   + Show Post
Spring Break will be here in a few weeks. My kindergartener chose to go to Washington DC this year. She wants to see the White House. We had offered to take her to Florida, but apparently she values the US President over Minnie Mouse and the Disney princesses.

We'll be traveling across the country in our RV, so we'll see 7 states (each way) on our drive. It should be much more interesting terrain than our trip to Texas over Christmas. This trip will have my daughter visiting her 34th state, and having visited 13 states in the last 12 months.

What are you doing for spring break?

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Replies (31-40):
gracie0221
by Gracie on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Oh yes..that's another reason. My dh said Yellowstone would be closed if we go during spring break and we thought maybe we should go to Colorado and Utah instead and then up to south dakota, but the weather is a little iffy during that time in Colorado so we plan on waiting.

Quoting ddhb2007:

Quoting gracie0221:

We had a road trip planned to go to mount rushmore and yellowstone(We're from Nor cal), but we might do it during the summer instead.

We went to Mount Rushmore over Memorial Day last year. It's a lot of fun. A lot of things are closed during the winter, so you might find it more enjoyable to go during the summer. Yellowstone is awesome too. It sounds like a great trip.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Going no where for spring break. We are for memorial weekend

arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:10 PM

My spring break and our older son's finally coincide so we're planning a little getaway to our favorite spot in the central coast of CA.

liz.1986
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:13 PM
I hadn't thought about it yet.
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SahmTam:

Quoting steelcrazy:

We don't have a Spring Break here, so we aren't going anywhere for Spring Break.

I wonder if this is a PA. thing or just a coicidence that both of ours schools lack spring break!

IDK, maybe we will have to pose this question to the ladies in the PA group to see.  I don't think any of the schools near me have a Spring break, but I can't be sure.  My brain isn't working right with all of this cold.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:53 PM

I don't know if we're going anywhere or not. Haven't thought about it yet.

BlessednHappy
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:46 PM
Kalahari
TJFBGMommy
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:57 PM

No where, 2 of my kids have snowboarding camp.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:12 AM
No spring break here. So no plans to be made.
themomof3boys
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:33 AM
Our spring break isn't until April. We have a week off in Feb and then a week off again in April.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)