Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Spring Break is coming soon. Where are you going?

Posted by   + Show Post
Spring Break will be here in a few weeks. My kindergartener chose to go to Washington DC this year. She wants to see the White House. We had offered to take her to Florida, but apparently she values the US President over Minnie Mouse and the Disney princesses.

We'll be traveling across the country in our RV, so we'll see 7 states (each way) on our drive. It should be much more interesting terrain than our trip to Texas over Christmas. This trip will have my daughter visiting her 34th state, and having visited 13 states in the last 12 months.

What are you doing for spring break?

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Replies (41-50):
mamavalor
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:37 AM

How fun!  Would love to travel by RV but hubby isn't interested, especially in driving one.

Planning on driving up to New England to see my family and to do some skiing since we were all sick over the X-mas break and had to stay home.

MamaLori
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:43 AM

We don't have spring break here : (

janitablue
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I am so jealous. Kudos to your daughter for choosing a great trip which will be valuable  experience.

Lynn750
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM

My kids get about 2 1/2 weeks off for their vacations.  My DH and I are taking a week off, and we're planning to go to Minnesota to visit his mom and several other relatives that live there.  However, he may have to take up to four weeks off, due to budget cuts, and he can't use any vacation time for that.  We're having a hard time deciding if we should still take the trip, or wait until the next break, in October.  We'd stay with his mom, but we'd have to rent a car, and the flights are expensive. 

choco_mom
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:40 AM

No plans for spring break, we are doing a disney cruise between christmas and new years so we are saving for that.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:49 PM

For those that care - we've determined in the Pennsylvania group that not having a Spring Break must be a Pennsylvania thing.  The closest that PA schools have to an actual Spring Break is long weekend at Easter.

saltlifemama
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:04 PM

We are heading to Pensacola again.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:58 PM
No plans.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:05 PM

My girls have two days off. We are going to my FIL's. My BIL and his family will be in there for a visit.

disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:29 PM

We have February break in a few weeks and spring break in April.  For February break, my daughter and I are driving to my cousin's in PA for a few days.  We're not going anywhere in April.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN