Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

32 days late, could I be pregnant.. Or is it something else?

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:25 PM
  • 10 Replies
I kinda have a doctor phobia the only time I actually go to the doctor is when I was pregnant with my other two kids. My kids are 11 and 6. I am a month and a half away from my 29th birthday and I swore if I hadn't had a third baby by the time I turn 30 I will get my tubes tied. So here I am 32 days late for my period. I took a test at 5 days late and another at 10 days late both negative. So, I thought oh well my period will show up soon. Now I'm 32 days late and its still not here. I don't want to take another test because I'm pretty sure that I am not pregnant. If I was it would have surely showed up after I was 10 days late right? I have been regular for the last 4 years, before that I was irregular a lot but never this late. I'm also over weight, so I'm thinking that may have something to do with my period going crazy. Could I be pregnant or could it be something else? With the first two pregnancies I never got a negative result, I realized I was late, I tested and they were positive. The only symptoms I really had with the other 2 were severe heart burn that started before I knew I was pregnant until I had them, being tired, sore boobs food cravings. I am a little more tired than usual, and have had a feeling of fullness and dull aches in my lower stomach, I have had a bit of heart burn but nothing like it was with the first two. but other than that, no symptoms at all. I do have to pee frequently but I also drink a pot of coffee each day so that may be why i use the bathroom alot. With the other two before I tested I just felt like I was pregnant. I don't feel pregnant. I am fine with it either way pregnant or not. My husband and I haven't really been trying but we have not been trying to prevent it either. I just want to figure out what is going on. I have avoided going to the doctor or taking any more tests. I've just been kinda trying to wait it out and see if my period shows up. Is it even possible that I could be pregnant and got a negative result after being 10 days late?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Take a test.....AT the doctor's office.

natesmom1228
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Take a test

ilovemykids732
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:30 PM

it COULD be stress... thats what caused me to be late... but I would get a blood test done to be safe!!

mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Why give yourself a deadline of when to have a 3rd child? I had my kids in my 30s and life is great. The are a blessing. Lots of women continue to have healthy children in their 30s.

Take a pg test. They are cheap. If it tuns up negative, and you are concerned about getting your period, then go to the dr. or you can wait it out. You did say sometimes you have irregular cycles.  I conceived my fist daughter on cd 42 of a 65 day cycle when I was 34.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Go get a blood test.  It isn't that hard and in all honesty none of us can tell you if you are pregnant or not.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I've known people to never get a positive urine pregnancy test, even during their 2nd trimester.

If you are concerned about being late, go to the doctor. They can run a blood test and also see if some other health issue could be causing you to be this late.

MommieCotter42
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:30 PM

With my second all the home test I did were negative but I knew I was pregnant because we were trying. I even took another one after my first doctor visit because I wanted to see the double line and still negative. So I think it's possible to have negative test even when you are. I think you should go to the doctor. Good luck!

CrazedMomof2
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:43 PM

If 2 tests have said negative then chances are you are not pregnant. We cant tell you for sure though. Either take more tests or see a doctor.

OHgirlinCA
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Take a test and see a doctor regardless of the results.

jennlynnjones84
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Thank you all for your answers. I am going to take another test and then I am going to go to the doctor. I've been told it could also be a thyroid problem or something that needs to be checked out by a doctor. I'm really hoping its just stress or something small. I have my personal preference so I gave myself a deadline for having kids. partly because my brother and I were so far apart it was like we were not even siblings. I want my kids to grow up together.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN