Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

When is homework time?

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:03 PM
  • 71 Replies
Do your kid(s) do homework right away after school or some other time? Like after dinner etc.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AleaKat
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Right after school so the information in their heads is still fresh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I try for right after school so rest of night we can have family time. Otherwise it would never get done since she will put it off until bedtime.

M4LG5
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:08 PM

They attend an afterschool program.  They eat snack and get a little play time in and then do homework.  If they have more homework to do at home, one of us will help them while they other one cooks dinner OR its done right after dinner if dinner is ready from a crockpot.

Mommy4000
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Right after school. They put away their coats/jacket, take off their shoes, grab their snack and put out their work on the table. If we don't get it done right away, it wont get done. By the time we are done with homework I need to start dinner, then after dinner all I want to do is sit and relax, not mess with school work.

NoahsCoolMama
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I let my son choose when he wants to do his homework. A lot of times, he chooses to do it before bedtime, but once in a while, he will do it right away. I do not believe in making them do it right after school. They have been working on school work all day and need a break. I need a break right after I come home from work. Plus, it makes things easier when I let him make the decision when he wants to do it, because he does it willingly and without fuss. If he ever does fuss, which is hardly ever, then I just remind him that it was his decision to wait to do it until then.

PinkParadox
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:20 PM

this

Quoting Mommy4000:

Right after school. They put away their coats/jacket, take off their shoes, grab their snack and put out their work on the table. If we don't get it done right away, it wont get done. By the time we are done with homework I need to start dinner, then after dinner all I want to do is sit and relax, not mess with school work.

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:21 PM

They get home, have a snack, play outsie, then do homework.

jaytee
by Jen on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Right after school for my ds...my dd does it whenever she feels like it, she knows it has to be done before shower time.

On Tuesday and Thursday any homework that they have is done at tutoring.

MmeAustin
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Right after school, that way I don't have to worry about the rest of the night and he can play the rest of the evening. 

CassSpade
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:24 PM

I let them play for an hour or two after school so they get a break. They usually play outside, either on the trampoline or on their bikes. Then they'll come in, do their homework, take showers and play inside until dinner time. We eat dinner right before bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)