Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often do friends come over?

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:19 PM
  • 48 Replies
How often does your child have a friend(s) that come over after school?

Would you allow a friend every day? Especially in the winter time when they don't play outside much?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

they go to an afterschool program so pretty much never.  We usually have friends on the weekends after sports.  During softball season, I'm either a mom to 3 or a mom to 11.  haha

Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Afterschool, not too often. Sometimes he goes to a friend's house afternoon that lives near us. Most if his friends live a couple miles away, and so weekends are easier for parents' schedules.

jaytee
by Jen on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Usually at least once a week. Everyday is fine with me, it keeps them occupied and active!

jen113000
by Jenna on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Lol! 11 girls! Oh my!

Quoting M4LG5:

they go to an afterschool program so pretty much never.  We usually have friends on the weekends after sports.  During softball season, I'm either a mom to 3 or a mom to 11.  haha

SahmTam
by Tammy on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:42 PM

About once a week my daughter's BFF who lives on our street comes over. Not every day, though- we (both families) have too much going on. My boys have friends over about once a month or so.

CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:54 PM

My children have never had friends come over.  We have an over-protective dog so strangers are not allowed on our property.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:07 PM

hardly ever.  We did have one friend stopping by nearly every day due to lack of supervision but she has since moved to a more reliable after school care.  Not many come by since we have a cat and do not want allergies of people to make them sick.

mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Once or twice a week. We are too busy with other extracurriculars and homework to have more than that. Everything has to be so scheduled nowadays with the parents so impromptu get-togethers don't happen easily as when I was a kid.

LucyHarper
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:39 PM

They play with their friends pretty much everyday, sometimes they come here, other times they go to their friend houses, sometimes they just play around our block. They play outside in the snow pretty much as they play outside in the summer.

liz.1986
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Rarely. Though when we relocate back to Texas we will be right across the street from his best friend, and after being gone for two years I'm sure they will want to spend a lot of time together.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)