Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

How often do friends come over?

Posted by   + Show Post
How often does your child have a friend(s) that come over after school?

Would you allow a friend every day? Especially in the winter time when they don't play outside much?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Replies (11-20):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Not very often since we all are involved in extra curriculars.  There just isn't time for homework, dinner, extra curriculars and having friends over.

calsmom62
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:04 PM
This for us, too.

Quoting LucyHarper:

They play with their friends pretty much everyday, sometimes they come here, other times they go to their friend houses, sometimes they just play around our block. They play outside in the snow pretty much as they play outside in the summer.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
K8WillBLast
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:09 PM

We are too busy to have friends over all the time.  It really just depends on what's going on that week.

disneymom2two
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:42 PM

As long as we don't have plans, my daughter is free to have someone over or to go to the neighbor's.  On Wednesdays she has gymnastics so she doesn't usually go anywhere elsethen but the other days,if we're not busy - why not?  I like that she's active and playing; they use their imagination and learn to negotiate.  During the summer, she's usually out until 9 playing with the neighborhood kids.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:27 PM

For ds2 and dd, most of the friends they want to play w/ live in our neighborhood, so we usually end up w/ someone over at least once a week.

MamaLori
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I don't allow friends over on a school night. We are busy with activities most evenings and just don't know when they would have time to play, have dinner and get their homework done. Weekends we always have someone here and I'm ok with that.

susieQ680
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:01 AM

No i don't have friends over I have a small apartment and i do not like abunch of noise

BannerElkHogans
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:07 AM

no an it's because our dog doesn't take well to stranger's an it's better to be safe instead of sorry.

corrinacs
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Not as often as they used to.  We had these very nice c hildren that lived across the street and they would always be over at our house ;).  I loved it :).  They were older than myson, but they played very well with him (he prefers playing with older children anyway).

But they moved away last summer and since then our house has been much quieter.  We do have some other friends, but they are hardly over.  And the weather has been bitter bitter cold!

janitablue
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:23 AM

My son never had a friend come over after school. I am always busy and rarely at home.  As long my husband does not have a problem with it I have no problems with my son's friend coming over every day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN