Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

How often do friends come over?

Posted by   + Show Post
How often does your child have a friend(s) that come over after school?

Would you allow a friend every day? Especially in the winter time when they don't play outside much?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Replies (31-40):
soy_latte
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:53 PM

We have so many little kids... it doesn't even matter anymore. They're actually easier to deal with when one or all have a friend around. So long as we're home and aren't doing something else then they could have kids over every day.  :)

TroyboysMom
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Our schedule doesn't allow for a friend to come over daily, even if I would allow it (It never has, so it's never crossed my mind. I don't know.). We see friends about once a week. 

bleumonster
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Various neighbor kids may come over to play with my son during the week but not often and they have to leave if we have basketball or when its dark. Usually most of the time he just has friends over on the weekends. Every weekend almost he has friends spending the night here or he will occasionally spend the night at their house. Most of the time its multiple boys here. My daughter who is in high school usually just has sleepovers on the weekend. Not too many of her friends live close enough to come hang on during the week. We had a snow day last Friday giving them a 4 day weekend and there were about 8-10 kids here all weekend, including the nights. They changed some LOL.
lizzymom80
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:51 PM
We have a few kids that live near us. DS will go to the park down the street with his friends. (He is is 9 and has a watch with a timer on it. I set it for when he is to come home. He knows if he doesn't come home then he is grounded from going for the next 2 weeks. We live in a really small town so it is pretty safe. DD is 6 1/2. She is not allowed to go to the park alone or with the kids. But her best friend lives 2 houses down so once a week we try to set up a playdate after school for an hour or two of playtime.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Only on the weekends.

BlessednHappy
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:43 PM
Never
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:15 PM
After school is not an issue, because both my DDs and their friends go to daycare together. But if we were at home, I don't see why I would have a problem with it. As long as homework gets done, there wouldn't be an issue.

As it stands right now, their friends usually come over on one or both weekend days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheellyyo
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:40 PM

All the neighborhood kids are 3 yrs older than my 9 yr old daughter.  A few yrs ago it was everyday they were playing.  Now that these kids have all turned 12 they have outgrown her.  So we have to make plans ahead of time to go somewhere or have someone come over.  With her starting tae kwon do back up that will take alot of our time.

gcstar42
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Aww that is kind of sad. Will it always have to be this way or are you looking for solutions so that you can eventually have people over? In a way that is great that the dog is so protective but then again sad if you can't ever have anyone over.

Quoting CometGirl:

My children have never had friends come over.  We have an over-protective dog so strangers are not allowed on our property.

Mommy2_two
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I watch 2 sister after school. They are in the same classes as my 2 girls so they all walk home together. There are usually only at my house for a couple hours until their dad gets home. We have a rule in our house that NO FRIENDS can come over on school nights. The only day they can have a friend over after school is Friday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN