Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How often do friends come over?

Posted by   + Show Post
How often does your child have a friend(s) that come over after school?

Would you allow a friend every day? Especially in the winter time when they don't play outside much?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Replies (41-48):
Momyplease
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:03 PM
same here .

Quoting M4LG5:

they go to an afterschool program so pretty much never.  We usually have friends on the weekends after sports.  During softball season, I'm either a mom to 3 or a mom to 11.  haha

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CometGirl
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Our dog passed away a few months ago but I don't see the situation changing.  We are very private people.

Quoting gcstar42:

Aww that is kind of sad. Will it always have to be this way or are you looking for solutions so that you can eventually have people over? In a way that is great that the dog is so protective but then again sad if you can't ever have anyone over.

Quoting CometGirl:

My children have never had friends come over.  We have an over-protective dog so strangers are not allowed on our property.

soymujer
by Mikki on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:40 PM

My kids hardly ever have friends over

family in the van   Mom of four

ChristieV
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

This for us as well. Every day someone is knocking on the door or my son is walking down the block knocking on doors. It's awesome.

Quoting calsmom62:

This for us, too.

Quoting LucyHarper:

They play with their friends pretty much everyday, sometimes they come here, other times they go to their friend houses, sometimes they just play around our block. They play outside in the snow pretty much as they play outside in the summer.

Busybee2223
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:58 PM

We never have friends over on school nights. I am strict with my kids after school schedule. Snack , homework, dinner, tv time, shower then bed at 8pm. We do play dates on weekends or during school breaks. I feel play dates on school nights  keep my kids from doing homework early enough before getting tired. 

AlohaTink
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:49 PM
Never. My son is in kindergarten and we just moved here 6 months ago
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikkita311
by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:27 PM
My s/o won't allow any of our sons friends over, he doesn't want the blame or responsibility if the child gets hurt.
calsmom62
by on May. 23, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Yes unless we have alot of homework or they are grounded. Our neighborhood is great, lots of kids, they go back and forth among houses depending what they want to do that moment.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)