Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

My son is turning 5 soon. I am planning a party for him. He is in VPK I am planning to invite all his friends from class. I am nervous. Do you think they will show up to the party? There are 17 kids in class. 

Do you think they will show up to the party?

How many of them think you estimate will come?

Would you? 

Thank you gals!!

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Replies (11-20):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Typically only half of the class shows up.  I always give my cell number and email for rsvps, that way people can call, text, or email based on which is easier for them.

I let my boys decide if they want to go to the party or not.  Typically if it is a classmate that they like to hang out with, they go.  Otherwise, they don't.

Jessiejack
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I am no help. We have never had a class party. My DDs birthday is in the summer so we only invite her friends and my son is in preschool but we did not have a birthday party for him this year. Sounds strange to most but we always take our kids out for dinner and a special treat on their birthday and we have cake and ice cream. They only have big party's every few years. Every other year we do a mini 2 or 3 day vacation for birthdays. Nothing far away. 

saltlifemama
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:08 PM

At that age we invited the entire class. Only abut 1/4 of them showed up.

eddysmommy
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Do you know any of the parents? I ask this because my son invited his class to his b day and one kid didn''t show up. I pretty sure its because we don't know her mom. My son only has 4 class mates and i know all the other moms.

We also invited the boys from pre school class last year and no one showed up, again i didn't know any of the parents.

Tara922c
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:54 PM

In dd's preschool 3 class, only one kid showed up. In her Pre-K 4 class, 13 kids showed up. It really depends on where you have the party and what day and time you have the party. The first party was on a Sunday evening about 20 minutes away from dd's school, and the second party was on a Saturday morning about a mile from her school.

I put "Please call, text, or E-Mail by such and such date if you want to come" under the RSVP section of dd's birthday invite and every person that came, RSVP'ed.

Raeann11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:58 PM

Really can't tell you how many will come. It really depends on what is going on in each childs home. For us if they are invited and we don't have plans, no one gets sick, hubby does nto have to work(since we only have one car) or anything else that could come up. We go to what we can.

ambercates
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:12 PM
This!

Quoting natesmom1228:

There is no way we can tell you how many will come. A good rule is about half of the number you invite will show up.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pretty_miranda
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:42 PM

yes we always do the same. no party & treat him to a nice place. buys what he wants etc. but we have never done a party for him. this time he asked me to do him a party. so i want to please him. he is such a good boy & excellent student :)

thanks for the reply! have a good night 

weaveress
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:50 AM

I've never invited so few kids, lol. Usually it's around 50 and we end up with 8-12 kids. but I also write a date to "RSVP by or materials will not be available" on all the invitations. We always do a craft or activitiy at each of my kids' parties and I need a more exact number. 

Ultra_
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Usually when we go to parties where the whole class is invited about 3 or 4 go of a class of 17.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN