Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Brrrrrrrrrr

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:00 PM
  • 46 Replies

Lately there has been a lot of talk about it being very cold in a lot of places.  I know that we all live in different parts of the country and each have our own idea of what "too cold" really is.  So, at what temp do you feel that it is too cold to go outside?

snowgirl

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Being a hockey mom, I've been forced to be outside in some incredibly cold weather. If you're bundled up correctly, is there a temp that is too cold?

Personally, I don't like going outside when the real feel (including wind chill) is -20 or lower.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I know that you've been out for hours in some really cold weather.  You deserve a medal as far as I'm concerned.  I'm a wimp when it is cold out.

Quoting Barabell:

Being a hockey mom, I've been forced to be outside in some incredibly cold weather. If you're bundled up correctly, is there a temp that is too cold?

Personally, I don't like going outside when the real feel (including wind chill) is -20 or lower.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:35 PM

He mainly plays indoors at this age, but it is still freaken cold in the ice arenas. Plus, we're just in and out of the cold a lot this time of year. Like normally I wouldn't go out tonight, but instead I'm going to be driving home from a practice around 9 pm tonight when the real feel outside is going to be -20.

BTW - I love your new avatar. Have I told you before that we have a snoopy statue at our ice arena decked out in my son's hockey team colors?

Quoting steelcrazy:

I know that you've been out for hours in some really cold weather.  You deserve a medal as far as I'm concerned.  I'm a wimp when it is cold out.

Quoting Barabell:

natesmom1228
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I hate anything lower then 60, lol. We rarely go out when it's cold. Right now it's 14 here.

Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:38 PM
With my son, I agree with the schools 20-degree rule
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SarahLizyB
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Anything below 50 is very chilly for me

Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Quoting Idntreallycare:

What is the 20 degree rule?

JC2223
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Honestly I'm always cold, even in 75 degree weather, but right now it's 12 degrees outside and that's WAY too cold for me. Don't know what I was thinking adopting a puppy in the middle of winter...her 30 potty trips a day are killing me! LOL

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:46 PM

I have lived in Maryland since middle school, so over twenty years. My boys have lived here all their lives and have a different definition of "too cold" than I do.

I lived in Arizona from 1st - 5th grade, right before moving here to Maryland. For me "too cold" is anything below 65 degrees.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

The kids don't go outside for recess below 20 degrees. I think it's 35 in our school district. 

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting Idntreallycare:

What is the 20 degree rule?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)