Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

National Pie day

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:03 PM
  • 6 Replies

Today the people at the Pie Council have chosen today — January 23 — as national pie day. 

This first pies were developed by the Egyptians who wrapped honey inside oats, wheat, rye or barley. The Romans later realized that pies were the perfect travel food and took goat-cheese and honey pies along with them as they built their empire. The first fruit pie appeared around 1500 with Queen Elizabeth I, and thanks to the Pilgrims who brought their recipes to the New World, pies made with berries and pumpkin have become an American staple.

To learn more about this day you can click on pie

What is your favorite pie?

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Precious333
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Ohh....right now i want some kind of berry pie, homemade, but i dont want to cook it, im too tired. Maybe we will celebrate tomorrow when i have more energy.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
janitablue
by Janita on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I understand how you feel..........  I usually buy the store brought but I do enjoy making a apple pie.

Quoting Precious333:

Ohh....right now i want some kind of berry pie, homemade, but i dont want to cook it, im too tired. Maybe we will celebrate tomorrow when i have more energy.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:04 PM

That is the No-Bake Hersey Bar Pie I made last yr for Pi (3.14) Day. That is supposed to be the symbol for pi in done in chocolate sprinkles. . .  It's my fave b/c it's so easy to make.

jaytee
by Jen on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Looks yummy! You did a good job making the Pi symbol with sprinkles :-)

Quoting wakymom:

That is the No-Bake Hersey Bar Pie I made last yr for Pi (3.14) Day. That is supposed to be the symbol for pi in done in chocolate sprinkles. . .  It's my fave b/c it's so easy to make.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaytee
by Jen on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:13 PM
I love pumpkin pie or chocolate pie both with cool whip. I like almost any pie with cool whip!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I guess it's the math teacher in me, but I saw your post and thought Pi day isn't until March.  This is an early post lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)