Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you let your child wear Shorts in the Winter?

Posted by   + Show Post

It is below freezing here and there are still some boys who are wearing shorts to school. I really wonder about their mothers.

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Replies (11-20):
Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:58 AM

My son has worn shorts in below freezing weather or close to below freezing weather. Personally, I think he's crazy to do so, but he swears that he's warm enough. *shrug*

Lorena
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:59 AM
No, I wont even let my girls ware dresses or skirts to school. It is way to cold this time of year.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Absolutely not.  My son has asthma, and I do what I can to prevent him from getting sick thus having an attack.  I hide the shorts when it starts getting cold, he probably forgot shorts even exist LOL

JZB
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Age? Luckily my 12 yr old doesn't want too but I know my nephew who is 14 does. His mom likes to pick her battles with him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Quoting steelcrazy:

No, I would not and it is against our school's dresscode.  It is very rare that we have a day above 40* this time of the year, and most days are in the 20's for highs.  So shorts would be absolutely insane.

It's against the dress code? Is that just during the winter or year-round?

TJFBGMommy
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Yes I would. If they came downstairs in shorts, I'd tell them the temperature out. If they still wanted to wear shorts that's on them. I'm not the one that will be freezing my butt off.  I don't think they've ever asked to though. 

Tara922c
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Yes I would. I let dd wear a skirt without tights to school yesterday. Being said, it was 70 something degrees outside. I would not put dd in shorts if it was below freezing.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:13 AM

No, my oldest wears shorts around the house but I don't let him wear shorts to school/ outside in the winter.

AnGLInterrupted
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes but yesterday it was 75° outside..  in January..  SMH.  Gotta love Texas weather.  LOL

Jadegirl1819
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:20 AM

It's been in the 20's here this week and I still see kids come out of the school with shorts and tshirts (no coat).  In the beginning I thought maybe the parents left for work and didn't see what the kids wore to school but then I realized a lot of the kids have SAHM's that just don't care.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)