Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Kinder Kids: Bath or Shower

Posted by   + Show Post
Do most 5 & 6yo kids bathe or take showers? My just turned 6yo DD hates showers, in part because she hates water in the eyes. But I'm sick of giving her baths. What age is normal to transition to showers?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Replies (11-20):
Tara922c
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Rylee takes what she refers to as a "bath shower". I plug the tub and turn on the shower. When the water is half way up the tub, she turns off the water and takes a bath. She likes doing it this way because it makes it easier to wash her hair and then she gets to play in the tub.

ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM

My daughter does both. We let her choose.  As long as she's clean, I figure it doesn't really matter.

Jadegirl1819
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:13 AM

First off they should be abe to bathe themselves at this point so all you would have to do is run the water if they do take a bath.  If you do plan on still cleaning them I would think it would be easier to bathe them than shower them.

Bookwormy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:28 AM
DD washes herself except we have to wash, & especially rinse, her hair.
CrazedMomof2
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Mine showered starting at 3/4. Alone around 4 I think.

lalasmama2007
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:31 AM

My dd is almost 6 and she prefers baths, but she gets showers most nights.  She doesn't like water in her face either.

jen113000
by Jenna on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:42 AM
My 6 year old prefers baths but takes showers too. He hates water on his face too.
la1118
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:43 AM
My 5yo still takes baths. My 9yo started taking showers at around age 6.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
huntn_momma2010
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:53 AM

My 5 year old takes both showers and baths. I help him wash his hair but that is it, he washes himself and dries himself off. He has only started taking showers because he too hates water in his eyes or face so it is easier for him to shower. 

JulesFairy
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:52 PM

We do showers during the week and one bath on the weekend since their skin is really dry. But it also makes things go much faster.

They are 4 & 6.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)