Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Kinder Kids: Bath or Shower

Posted by   + Show Post
Do most 5 & 6yo kids bathe or take showers? My just turned 6yo DD hates showers, in part because she hates water in the eyes. But I'm sick of giving her baths. What age is normal to transition to showers?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Replies (111-119):
WesternNYmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Both of my kid take showers. Especially in the morning before school.  If my kids take baths in the morning, I can't get them out of the tub, as they want to play.  The last time dd took a bath in the morning she barely made it to school on time, because she didn't want to get out of the tub.  I got so fed up that I made a rule that the kids can only take a bath at night before bed or on the weekends when we don't have anything planned.

Bookwormy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:25 AM
DD takes her baths at night almost exclusively. Once in a blue moon she has a morning bath before an afternoon or evening event.

Quoting WesternNYmom:

Both of my kid take showers. Especially in the morning before school.  If my kids take baths in the morning, I can't get them out of the tub, as they want to play.  The last time dd took a bath in the morning she barely made it to school on time, because she didn't want to get out of the tub.  I got so fed up that I made a rule that the kids can only take a bath at night before bed or on the weekends when we don't have anything planned.

mjimaging
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:28 AM
DS loves showers. "hot showers" is what he asks for. He's three. He's been showering since he was two. He does still take baths. I prefer baths, he can play but he switches bak and forth.
Steph925
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:29 AM
My kids are 5 and 7 and they have been taking showers for a year now. Thank goodness cu I don't know how I would be able to give 3 kids a bath all the time (expecting our 3rd baby in April!) saves time for me
BlessednHappy
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this
My 6yo ds takes mostly baths although I wish he loved showers lol.
superwoman8977
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:46 PM

We dont do baths in our house, everyone takes showers.

MistyMoo
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:48 PM
My son does both
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:58 PM

At that age mine were taking baths or showers all on their own. But then again I have boys and they have short hair. So I never needed to help wash it.

Mommy2_two
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:00 PM

I let my 6 year old choose if she wants to shower or take a bath. Either way she washes herself and does her own hair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN