Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Kinder Kids: Bath or Shower

Posted by   + Show Post
Do most 5 & 6yo kids bathe or take showers? My just turned 6yo DD hates showers, in part because she hates water in the eyes. But I'm sick of giving her baths. What age is normal to transition to showers?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Replies (31-40):
aetrom
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Mine do both... They like the bath to play. :)

Mine get more water in their eyes in a bath than a shower!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoddessBaker
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:20 PM

DS will be 5 next month, he tells me he doesn't need my help, he does it all himself. Even getting out and getting his towel. He likes both baths and showers, depending on his mood. He'sbeen showering since he was 3.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Showers to get clean.

Baths to play.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:37 PM
My 4&6yo still take baths, but wash themselves.. ilk let them decide when they want ti transition
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetPea2004
by Silver Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Shower

little_buggie
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:16 PM
hannah has been giving herself a bath since she was about 5, sometimes she will take a shoower but doesn't really like them
StephanieSH
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:20 PM

My 7 year old takes showers and has been doing so since she was about 4 1/2 but she is extremely strong willed and I still have to practically climb in there with her to make sure she does what she's supposed to do. 

rockinmomto2
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:47 PM

We have a removeable showerhead, so we do showers, even for the 3 year old. My 7 year old takes a shower on her own, my 5 year old needs some help, as does the baby.

Bookwormy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:55 PM
I've never had an admin choose to feature my thread before this one. Thanks! It sounds like DD is behind a bit. I had thought of letting her wear swim goggles, but it seems goofy. It could work though. She does bathe herself, except her hair, in the bath, it just takes longer that I'd prefer.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RetiredUSAFWife
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Our grand daughter is nine years old, and she still has baths. I will be letting her take showers once she turns ten though. I think that is a good time to teach her how to use the shower on her own, and to bathe herself, learning how to clean up atter herself aswell. Right now she washes her own body of course, but I help by washing her hair. Showers aren't as appealing to me, when it comes to children, because they'll have a tendency to waste the water, and make more mess, but of course they do have to learn sometime.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)