Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

What are your thoughts on this punishment???

Posted by   + Show Post

Would you ever do this to your child?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Replies (11-20):
Traci0794
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:43 PM
2 moms liked this

I would not tolerate bullying but I also would never ever humilate my child.  There are a million other ways to teach a child how to be compassionate and empathetic towards his/her peers, embarrasing him is not one of them!

Precious333
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

no, I would NEVER do that! That is just a way to humiliate, probably the reason why he acts the way he does. I think whatever a parent does, the intent is for the child to learn from their mistakes, not to make them pay for what they did!

M4LG5
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:58 PM
6 moms liked this

Quoting Precious333:

no, I would NEVER do that! That is just a way to humiliate, probably the reason why he acts the way he does. I think whatever a parent does, the intent is for the child to learn from their mistakes, not to make them pay for what they did!

I kinda feel like this form of discipline is just another form of bullying.

Precious333
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting Precious333:

I kinda feel like this form of discipline is just another form of bullying.

that is exactly what it is!

juliakf333. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Sure, especially when I've tried everything else that I could think of with no impact.  Bullying is serious and should be treated as such.

kcgroves
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Heck yeah I would...I say bullying is a way for him to humiliate another kid now why not let him see how that feels??

Kris_PBG
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:32 PM

No - b/c bullying often comes from kids who feel poorly about themselves or are bullied in other situations.

So - bullying the bully is not getting to the root of the problem or fixing a thing.

I'd prefer kids learn from consequences - especially if the behavior were to be such a cruel one!  (Thanfully, we have never ahd anything close to that to deal with!)

mama2beautiesnb
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:35 PM
yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:51 PM
I agree. Bullying is about humiliating someone else which is what this is doing.

Quoting sfkdny:

nope, I do not intentionally humiliate my child.  there would be consquences for bullying, but not this

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
netterie
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:59 PM

I couldn't humiliate my children by making them do something like that. But there would definitely be a punishment if I found out one of them was being a bully.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)