Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are your thoughts on this punishment???

Posted by   + Show Post

Would you ever do this to your child?

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Replies (41-50):
jen113000
by Jenna on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:54 AM
Honestly I don't know if I would do this or not. I do know it would not be my first choice in punishment... this is something I can't answer unless actually in the situation to where my child was a bully.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sandiekd21
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Actually, I love this.

natesmom1228
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:36 AM

If everything else failed, yes  I would.

eviesmom453
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

No. But my kid would be in BIG trouble if he was being a bully.

HaileysMom07180
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:37 AM

absolutely!  i think its perfect

mommatothree01
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:40 AM

At that age, definitely not.  He looks to be between 8-10, not fully aware of his actions and the consequences.  There are SOOOOO many other punishments that could help so much more than humiliating the child. 

jujubear1
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:03 AM

My first thought is, "Ain't nobody got time fo dat!"  Seriously, I doubt I would do that, but if nothing else was working, I might.  I tend to avoid punishments that are also going to punish me lol.  That doesn't look very fun, standing next to him while he does his punishment.  I'd tell him, I'll be in the car listening to the radio right over there.

AimeeReneV
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:32 AM
For bullyin probably not, I don't think it would be very effective. I think the punishment should fit the crime. If my son was bullying a classmate I think I would just go to school with him for a few days and make him be friends with the kid he was mean to, make him say nice things to him. He would hate it, but he would make sure he didn't do it again! Lol
I think that this type of punishment would be better for older kids that are trying to be rebellious, like skipping class or intentionally getting a bad grade.
SparklingHope
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:36 AM

For bullying..yes.Especially when they would be old enough to understand. 

SparklingHope
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:37 AM
2 moms liked this

How is a 8-10 year not fullly aware of their actions?!? 

Quoting mommatothree01:

At that age, definitely not.  He looks to be between 8-10, not fully aware of his actions and the consequences.  There are SOOOOO many other punishments that could help so much more than humiliating the child. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)