Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

My own husband!!!

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Max
  • 33 Replies

You may or may not have noticed from previous posts that I feel strongly a student's school work should be his or her own. 

I've sent projects home with students to redo when it's clear Mom or Dad did most of the work. I can't stand how an activity meant to teach a child becomes a competition between the parents to see who can do the most elaborate thing. 

Anyway...

My son has to make a rocket for school. He's been talking to his dad all week about how to make it. 

As we finished dinner my husband said, "I have get working on my rocket for school tomorrow."

I am so annoyed. My own husband is one of the competitive parents that drive me nuts. 

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Tie his hands with duct tape behind his back so he can not build the rocket.   He can give verbal instructions with the child but not put his hands on it.

Ps..  I have caught my guy writing for dd in her journal for school and made him erase it all so she could write what she needed to.

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:21 PM
4 moms liked this

Bad dh lol. I know what you mean though. There was a pumpkin contest at my dd's school to help raise money for field trips. Anyway my dd decorated her pumpkin, it was a cute Mummy pumpkin, We brought it to school only to see the most elaborate pumpkins known to man. It was such a huge disappointment to both of us. It was so obvious that 90% of the pumpkins were done by the parents. My dd was so heart broken and so was I. The good news was others must have realized as well because my dd's little mummy pumpkin actually won 1st place. We were thrilled.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting frndlyfn:

Tie his hands with duct tape behind his back so he can not build the rocket.   He can give verbal instructions with the child but not put his hands on it.

Ps..  I have caught my guy writing for dd in her journal for school and made him erase it all so she could write what she needed to.

LOL I'm getting the tape out now. 

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Quoting goddess99:

Bad dh lol. I know what you mean though. There was a pumpkin contest at my dd's school to help raise money for field trips. Anyway my dd decorated her pumpkin, it was a cute Mummy pumpkin, We brought it to school only to see the most elaborate pumpkins known to man. It was such a huge disappointment to both of us. It was so obvious that 90% of the pumpkins were done by the parents. My dd was so heart broken and so was I. The good news was others must have realized as well because my dd's little mummy pumpkin actually won 1st place. We were thrilled.

I'm so glad she won. 

goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:33 PM

So was I. I honestly could not believe it.

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Quoting goddess99:

I'm so glad she won. 

Lorena
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:43 PM
My dh and ss worked on a car togeather. Ss Drew the shap dh cut it out and ss painted it.
When we got to the race. All the cars wherr these elaborate doing. Clearly their dad did them and this was for boy scouts.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
M4LG5
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Tell on him. Haha.

I can't stand that either. It's quite crazy some.of the work 5 and 6 year olds can do (yeah, right). My 9 year is doing a biome diorama and, honestly, she is doing a way better job than what I could have done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Lorena:

My dh and ss worked on a car togeather. Ss Drew the shap dh cut it out and ss painted it.
When we got to the race. All the cars wherr these elaborate doing. Clearly their dad did them and this was for boy scouts.

It so sad that we have to have a rule that if a Pinewood Derby car looks like a parent did most/all the work, the car is disqualified. The boy still gets to run it, but none of his times count.

Max- Sounds like your dh needs a teacher lecture from you in addition to the duct tape : )

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Be careful with that duct tape. Cindy, K, and I nearly got arrested over duct tape. LMAO

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

Quoting frndlyfn:

LOL I'm getting the tape out now. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM
3 moms liked this

i think he needs a   lecure and a time out!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN