Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

REALLY!!!! You can't compliment a stranger??

Posted by   + Show Post

I put my QOTD post yesterday and thought it would be nice to celebrate Compliment Day.....

6 replies by 6pm. REALLY??????

No one seems to have a problem giving strangers advice and telling them actually what they are doing wrong in their lives,  but ask them to be nice and give a compliment and everyone runs from the post like cockroaches when the lights turn on!

I find it baffling...

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Replies (101-110):
jaytee
by Jen on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I said it once and I'll say it again. I was not scolding people! You must not know what scolding is.

Quoting 1234abcd4321:

well it was bizarre and you were scolding people. what can i say?

Quoting jaytee:

You have plenty of nice things to offer? Why not do it then? I'm pretty sure the very first thing you did was quote me to ask if I was done scolding people! And say this post was bizzare....
Quoting 1234abcd4321:

i have plenty of nice things to offer. i thought this post was obnoxious, so i shared that opinion.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Seriously, this isn't Mom Confessions.  If you want to be rude and nasty towards others, then you need to go there ASAP.  I can honestly say that I wouldn't miss you.  You are just rude and don't seem to have anything nice to offer.

Quoting 1234abcd4321:

social experiment please. were you mad you didn't find a bunch of compliments directed at you there?

Quoting Cindy18:

Not scolding anyone. I just think it's a very interesting social experment.... This post has over 40 replies, most of whom are either defending WHY that didn't reply to the post in question or Giving me greif for making this post at all.

BUT when asked to compliment someone else.... NOTHING...GHOST TOWN...

Quoting 1234abcd4321:

are you done scolding people for not complimenting others on some random internet post yet? this is absolutely bizarre.

Quoting jaytee:

Oh and I just want to say that when you search QOTD in this group there are at least 15 responses to almost all of them so it is a little weird that by 6 pm there were only 6 responses...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1234abcd4321
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM

mad that you quoted me? i doubt it. and yes, jaytee, the scolder.

Quoting Cindy18:

It has to do with "this" because you were pissed I quoted you when you were talking to Steel. BTW, Jaytee was the first one you quoted not Steel.

Keep up, hunny!

Quoting 1234abcd4321:

chew me up and spit me out. right.

right yes, anyone can respond to the things i say. thank you for clearing that up. i am so glad to have such wise old CM members to teach me the ropes. now what does that have to do with this?

Quoting Cindy18:

Sure I'll keep playing!! LOL!! You're fun to play with, hunny!

Since you are new to this whole CM thing, let me 'splain somethings,

1. ANYONE can quote and comment on your reply. You do not get to dictate who reads and has something to say about your replies.

2. Steel is my friend. She is an amazing MOD and very awesome mom. So, if you are talking to her, you will always have me right behind her backing her up, as she did for me.

3. If you can't handle rude and obnoxious from anyone but yourself, CM will chew you up and spit you out, hunny!

Quoting 1234abcd4321:

uh, you meant to be super ironic and funny by saying that right? 

i was talking to the other poster anyway. the one i quoted.. who had been ranting on and on about the poor moral character of those who comment on drama posts but not compliment posts. then i responded to your response to that. but your original post was still obnoxious. should we keep going?

Quoting Cindy18:

IF you were that offended than you shouldn't have replied at all. That's what us grown ups do, hunny.

Quoting 1234abcd4321:

i have plenty of nice things to offer. i thought this post was obnoxious, so i shared that opinion.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Seriously, this isn't Mom Confessions.  If you want to be rude and nasty towards others, then you need to go there ASAP.  I can honestly say that I wouldn't miss you.  You are just rude and don't seem to have anything nice to offer.

Quoting 1234abcd4321:

social experiment please. were you mad you didn't find a bunch of compliments directed at you there?

Quoting Cindy18:

Not scolding anyone. I just think it's a very interesting social experment.... This post has over 40 replies, most of whom are either defending WHY that didn't reply to the post in question or Giving me greif for making this post at all.

Quoting 1234abcd4321:

are you done scolding people for not complimenting others on some random internet post yet? this is absolutely bizarre.

Quoting jaytee:

Oh and I just want to say that when you search QOTD in this group there are at least 15 responses to almost all of them so it is a little weird that by 6 pm there were only 6 responses...

Larisa72
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

wow, 4 more pages and most of it snark....LOVE this group :-)

Seriously, there is a lot of work being a mod, coming up with post ideas, some are PURELY conversation starters or to give others a boost.  There doesn't need to be snark and back stabbing, if a post doesn't apply, then ignore it....this particular post was actually interesting to me even though I didn't see the original post.  As a sociologist by training, seeing actions and reactions and interactions....well, they interest and amuse me.  I'll withhold my observations until the post dies down a bit, but so far it's split between observation and speculation....still interesting to me

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Oh, jaytee.  you need to learn that this newbie is an expert on absolutely everything.  now there's no need to scold yourself, but you are totally wrong and she is totally right. ;)

Quoting jaytee:

I said it once and I'll say it again. I was not scolding people! You must not know what scolding is.

Quoting 1234abcd4321:

Quoting jaytee:

You have plenty of nice things to offer? Why not do it then? I'm pretty sure the very first thing you did was quote me to ask if I was done scolding people! And say this post was bizzare....
Quoting 1234abcd4321:

Quoting steelcrazy:

Quoting 1234abcd4321:

Quoting Cindy18:

Quoting 1234abcd4321:

Quoting jaytee:

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Oh, I'm cracking up over this one.  It really is a lot of fun.  I look forward to your professional opinion.

Quoting Larisa72:

Seriously, there is a lot of work being a mod, coming up with post ideas, some are PURELY conversation starters or to give others a boost.  There doesn't need to be snark and back stabbing, if a post doesn't apply, then ignore it....this particular post was actually interesting to me even though I didn't see the original post.  As a sociologist by training, seeing actions and reactions and interactions....well, they interest and amuse me.  I'll withhold my observations until the post dies down a bit, but so far it's split between observation and speculation....still interesting to me

1234abcd4321
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:31 PM

now when did i say that? god you sound like a nagging husband hahaha.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Oh, jaytee.  you need to learn that this newbie is an expert on absolutely everything.  now there's no need to scold yourself, but you are totally wrong and she is totally right. ;)

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting 1234abcd4321:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting 1234abcd4321:

Quoting steelcrazy:

Quoting 1234abcd4321:

Quoting Cindy18:

Quoting 1234abcd4321:

Quoting jaytee:

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group.

Best advice for a mom to a new school child is NEVER let them see you nervous. If they see you nervous, then they will be a ball of nerves as well. 

It's okay to cry when they walk though the door and say bye. But don't let them see you do it, or they will also cry. Remain calm and collective. Remind her that you will be back to pick her up at the end of the school day.

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

lol I assumed you was doing what most people on here do an accuse lol (ive spent too much time in MC clearly lol). No I can handle myself though lol Im one of those people I stand behind what I say even if other dont agree with it lol.  But if you see by my other replies to people, ive explained what I ment.

As far as the op topic it seems to be common for people to not be able to say nice about other any ways. But yeah I ve been reading an occasionally replying for a whille lol. My oldest starts school in the fall an im just watching an seeing what im getting my self in to

Quoting steelcrazy:

Nice.  Really nice.  I was trying to cut you some slack because you aren't a member and don't understand how our group is run.  Now I don't care.  I'll let them give it to you like you've been around for awhile and should know better.  Sorry for trying to help ya.

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

excuse me just because i dont just join every group I read an reply in dont mean shit maybe this is the reason no one replyed yesterday because you just assume shit. Actually Ive been around areading for quite some time now thank you. I actually read an reply in many group im not actually joined in thank you!

Quoting steelcrazy:

I just realized that this one isn't even a member.  So she has no idea what our group is about.

Quoting Cindy18:

I get what you are saying, but with all the hundreds of mom in ESK, you don't have one nice thing to say about ONE of them?

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

Hmmm, I didnt see that post but it depends . If they are only every putting negative stuff about thier self an thier life what an I to complement them on? Serious question not being a bitch .

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:32 PM

DARN!  You caught me.

Quoting 1234abcd4321:

now when did i say that? god you sound like a nagging husband hahaha.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting 1234abcd4321:

Quoting jaytee:

Quoting 1234abcd4321:

Quoting steelcrazy:

Quoting 1234abcd4321:

Quoting Cindy18:

Quoting 1234abcd4321:

Quoting jaytee:

MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Thanks yeah I agree because I know Im am and going to be more  upset then her lol. She is so ready she wanted to do preschool but for her with her health it just wasnt happening , so she is sooo excited. She does an "after school" program with her church that he aunt an my mill work at so I hope that will make the transition easier since she is already going place with out me lol.

Quoting kmrtigger:

Welcome to the group.

Best advice for a mom to a new school child is NEVER let them see you nervous. If they see you nervous, then they will be a ball of nerves as well. 

It's okay to cry when they walk though the door and say bye. But don't let them see you do it, or they will also cry. Remain calm and collective. Remind her that you will be back to pick her up at the end of the school day.

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

lol I assumed you was doing what most people on here do an accuse lol (ive spent too much time in MC clearly lol). No I can handle myself though lol Im one of those people I stand behind what I say even if other dont agree with it lol.  But if you see by my other replies to people, ive explained what I ment.

As far as the op topic it seems to be common for people to not be able to say nice about other any ways. But yeah I ve been reading an occasionally replying for a whille lol. My oldest starts school in the fall an im just watching an seeing what im getting my self in to

Quoting steelcrazy:

Nice.  Really nice.  I was trying to cut you some slack because you aren't a member and don't understand how our group is run.  Now I don't care.  I'll let them give it to you like you've been around for awhile and should know better.  Sorry for trying to help ya.

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

excuse me just because i dont just join every group I read an reply in dont mean shit maybe this is the reason no one replyed yesterday because you just assume shit. Actually Ive been around areading for quite some time now thank you. I actually read an reply in many group im not actually joined in thank you!

Quoting steelcrazy:

I just realized that this one isn't even a member.  So she has no idea what our group is about.

Quoting Cindy18:

I get what you are saying, but with all the hundreds of mom in ESK, you don't have one nice thing to say about ONE of them?

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

Hmmm, I didnt see that post but it depends . If they are only every putting negative stuff about thier self an thier life what an I to complement them on? Serious question not being a bitch .

Cindy18
by Cruella on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Now we are just having some fun with a newbie that has gotten her panties in a bunch.

It started with my fasination (sp?) with the fact that a regular post that typically gets 30 replies, on the day that I asked people to be nice, the post only gets 6.

Quoting Larisa72:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)