Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

REALLY!!!! You can't compliment a stranger??

Posted by   + Show Post

I put my QOTD post yesterday and thought it would be nice to celebrate Compliment Day.....

6 replies by 6pm. REALLY??????

No one seems to have a problem giving strangers advice and telling them actually what they are doing wrong in their lives,  but ask them to be nice and give a compliment and everyone runs from the post like cockroaches when the lights turn on!

I find it baffling...

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Replies (111-120):
chinosruca
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:36 PM
2 moms liked this
I am not understanding what you are upset about. To be absolutely honest with you, I can't just randomly complement someone I don't know on an open thread. If someone makes a post that I think is valuable, I will say so. I don't know anyones name or even what their avatar is. I am mobile 100% of the time and BARELY can see a posters screen name, unless I am REALLY looking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I'm really curious to read it later!!

Quoting Larisa72:

wow, 4 more pages and most of it snark....LOVE this group :-)

Seriously, there is a lot of work being a mod, coming up with post ideas, some are PURELY conversation starters or to give others a boost.  There doesn't need to be snark and back stabbing, if a post doesn't apply, then ignore it....this particular post was actually interesting to me even though I didn't see the original post.  As a sociologist by training, seeing actions and reactions and interactions....well, they interest and amuse me.  I'll withhold my observations until the post dies down a bit, but so far it's split between observation and speculation....still interesting to me

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Not saying this in a bad way, you really are missing a huge social aspect of CM.  I totally know who you are, where you live, your kids, etc.  I feel like I actually sorta know you because you are around so often.  IDK, I'm a very social person though, so I tend to notice things like screen names and avatars.  I think that is the main reason why I hate being mobile.  I miss seeing the avatars and knowing who I'm talking to.

Quoting chinosruca:

I am not understanding what you are upset about. To be absolutely honest with you, I can't just randomly complement someone I don't know on an open thread. If someone makes a post that I think is valuable, I will say so. I don't know anyones name or even what their avatar is. I am mobile 100% of the time and BARELY can see a posters screen name, unless I am REALLY looking.

CrystalDawn2506
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't see the post : ( 

But here is a compliment for CM members in here. I like the fact that you all have strong opinions and offer advice on many different subjects

Cindy18
by Cruella on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll restate my original thought process, I'm not upset.

I just think it's very interesting that IN GENERAL, women on here can bash, snark, be rude and give their unedited opinions about total strangers lives and choices but when asked to say something nice, NOTHING.

Most who have been on here as long as you have (you live in Hawaii, work at Home Depot and have a DD that loves to surf, right?), remember things about others and feel friendly toward them and IMO, should be able to say one nice thing about someone in a group of hundreds.

Quoting chinosruca:

Cindy18
by Cruella on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Why thank you!

If you want to see the QOTD that this comes from it's ??QOTD?? 1/24/13

Quoting CrystalDawn2506:

But here is a compliment for CM members in here. I like the fact that you all have strong opinions and offer advice on many different subjects

ruby_jewel_04
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:48 PM
I don't know what is going on. But the groups I usually like are just getting bombarded with crazy over blown reactions the last few days. Is it almost a full moon? Can't we all just hold hands, have a bonfire and sing kumbaya?

BTW I missed the post too. I was busy Al day. My oldest turned 9. :) my princess is growing up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrystalDawn2506
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Okay I will look for it thanks : )

Quoting Cindy18:

Why thank you!

If you want to see the QOTD that this comes from it's ??QOTD?? 1/24/13

Quoting CrystalDawn2506:

Cindy18
by Cruella on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Just an example, Today QOTD, I asked what reality shows you watch..... over 30 replies in the same amount of time that the compliment one only got 6 replies.

Quoting Larisa72:

wow, 4 more pages and most of it snark....LOVE this group :-)

Seriously, there is a lot of work being a mod, coming up with post ideas, some are PURELY conversation starters or to give others a boost.  There doesn't need to be snark and back stabbing, if a post doesn't apply, then ignore it....this particular post was actually interesting to me even though I didn't see the original post.  As a sociologist by training, seeing actions and reactions and interactions....well, they interest and amuse me.  I'll withhold my observations until the post dies down a bit, but so far it's split between observation and speculation....still interesting to me

CrystalDawn2506
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:51 PM
4 moms liked this

Also I want to add that I honestly don't think you need to know each and every detail to give a general compliment. It might brighten someones day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN