Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

REALLY!!!! You can't compliment a stranger??

Posted by   + Show Post

I put my QOTD post yesterday and thought it would be nice to celebrate Compliment Day.....

6 replies by 6pm. REALLY??????

No one seems to have a problem giving strangers advice and telling them actually what they are doing wrong in their lives,  but ask them to be nice and give a compliment and everyone runs from the post like cockroaches when the lights turn on!

I find it baffling...

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Replies (151-160):
LCG83
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I never saw the post. :/. I have no problem giving compliments.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Why not take some of your own advice. Have a nice evening.

Quoting chasingrandbaby:

youre obviously 12

relax u look foolish, it let me reply member or not, take it up w the powers that be

dont reply any longert please youre wasting cyber space

Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Me love me some kmr! LOL

Quoting kmrtigger:

Why not take some of your own advice. Have a nice evening.

Quoting chasingrandbaby:

youre obviously 12

relax u look foolish, it let me reply member or not, take it up w the powers that be

dont reply any longert please youre wasting cyber space

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:39 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I don't really know anyone on here, and I'm terrible at giving compliments online.

What would I say? Your screen name looks fantastic on you! So figure flattering.

AWWWW Thank you so much dear. I was wondering if my screen name made my ass look fat. Now, I don't have to worry anymore. 

*giggles*

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:39 AM

To the OP:

I probably didn't see that post.

Momyplease
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:52 AM
Yes. people run for drama. attracted to posts where women act a full. And if no drama happen to be in the post some one will try to find one. Or start an argument. people now days could care less about others problems. they just want to live their option ,their footprint if you will. So quick to tell others what they are doing wrong.but their own household isn't sqicky clean either.Putting people under a magnifying glass and turn on them is the thing I noticed here. although I wrote a post about carsits which claimed some great audience and even better advice from the ladies participating. discounting one that acted out of line. So I want to compliment those few ladies that replied to my post who really contributed to the issue in hand. thank you ladies you are great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Larisa72
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:02 AM

I needed these last 7 or 8 pages to get a giggle this morning.  I think I will actually turn this into a spreadsheet to work all this out.

Thinking we'll have: apologies, attacks, questions, unrelated comments as my columns and will tally those and take results from that.

Right now, it's looking like there are several that didn't see the post, but the majority of responses seem to be negative attacks, which, while honestly not unexpected, doesn't seem logical in a post about compliments...the majority of negative comments that I've seen in recent posts (across the many groups that I'm in) tend to be on topics that are extremely polarizing - you are either a or b with no possible middle ground......hmmm, I'm actually trying to make this fun by imagining what this whole thread, and all those who have responded to it would be like if it was Survivor....I honestly think the snark team would be practically eliminated already due to infighting and backstabbing....they'd eliminate themselves......will post again once I've run numbers and such

pinkcsmtlgy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:05 AM

If I'm standing in line somewhere and I notice something on a person I'll say something. I can't tell you how many pairs of earrings I've said I liked.

doodles181
by Jennifer on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Sorry. ..I never read Qotd! I think you are an awesomely brave woman to post this! Good for you!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cindy18
by Cruella on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:29 AM

And I asked you to give a random compliment. NOT to me to anyone in a group of hundreds.

IMO, it's the same thing. Just instead of being judgmental, I asked for something nice.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

They asked didn't they?

If you ask someone "what would you do?" you WANT advice on your personal life... so I'm not seeing the disctinction here.

I'm not supossed to respond to questions, but I am supposed to randomly come out and compliment people? That doesn't make sense.

Quoting Cindy18:

BUT, you will give an on-line stranger advice about their personal life.......

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I don't really know anyone on here, and I'm terrible at giving compliments online.

What would I say? Your screen name looks fantastic on you! So figure flattering.

I haven't been in this group too much lately, but I still recognize your avatar. So I know you've been pretty active lately.

What you would say is something like "your advice really helped me through that situation with my kid" or "I find so and so very supportive" or "I like that you tell it like it is" or "you have a great sense of humor." I compliment does not have to involve how someone looks or their physical features. I haven't met any of the moms in this group in real life either.

I'm TERRIBLE at complimenting, either I can't think of anything or I over do it and then I feel like I seem disingenuous. I don't have the right personality for it or something...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN