Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

REALLY!!!! You can't compliment a stranger??

Posted by   + Show Post

I put my QOTD post yesterday and thought it would be nice to celebrate Compliment Day.....

6 replies by 6pm. REALLY??????

No one seems to have a problem giving strangers advice and telling them actually what they are doing wrong in their lives,  but ask them to be nice and give a compliment and everyone runs from the post like cockroaches when the lights turn on!

I find it baffling...

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Replies (181-190):
fullofhope1
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:49 PM
I can only get on here a few times a day for however long I'm allowed. It's nice you had a post like that. You can always "bump" it if your not satisfied that people aren't complimenting you more. I don't get upset if nobody replies. Some people can not go through all these posts but still activity participate. I'm not one to judge. I just didn't see it. I'm in several groups so I have a lot of feed come through. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:52 PM
2 moms liked this

it wasn't about her fishing for compliments @@

It was just a way to make people smile and think positive thoughts for each other and maybe brighten someone's day.

Quoting fullofhope1:

You can always "bump" it if your not satisfied that people aren't complimenting you more.

Jinx - Homeschooling, Scouting & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Junior GS Heidi 4/03. Wife to Joe & Alpha to German Shepherd Spazz.

corrinacs
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:04 PM

I've only been a part of this group for maybe a month.  I do post and reply, but I don't "know" anyone that closely yet.  But the more I'm on here, the more that will happen :).  Especially if I start seeing the same faces :)

Quoting Cindy18:

My point is.... You answer and give advice to strangers in this group all the time but couldn't think of one nice thing to say about anyone in here.....

You are not that new, honey.

Quoting corrinacs:

I always compliment strangers IRL. But on here, I'm still relatively new to the group and I haven't made close friends with any of you yet (that I'm aware of).  So, when I saw your post, I thought about it and coudln't think of anyONE to write it for.  I don't know enough about you to say much to make it meaningful anyway.

Cindy18
by Cruella on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:48 PM

You joined ESK in March of 2012, you have part of this group for almost a year. Not a month. You are a silver member meaning you have made over 1,000 replies in this group.

Quoting corrinacs:

I've only been a part of this group for maybe a month.  I do post and reply, but I don't "know" anyone that closely yet.  But the more I'm on here, the more that will happen :).  Especially if I start seeing the same faces :)

Quoting Cindy18:

My point is.... You answer and give advice to strangers in this group all the time but couldn't think of one nice thing to say about anyone in here.....

Quoting corrinacs:

I always compliment strangers IRL. But on here, I'm still relatively new to the group and I haven't made close friends with any of you yet (that I'm aware of).  So, when I saw your post, I thought about it and coudln't think of anyONE to write it for.  I don't know enough about you to say much to make it meaningful anyway.

Larisa72
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:38 PM
4 moms liked this

I re-read my post on my findings and discovered I actually contradicted myself...as a member, I expect there to be more on topic and less unrelated and snark....however, based on how the first 7 or 8 pages were going, I was predicting that there would be more snark in this particular thread....there, now I've clarified, retracted and restated...whichever you prefer...lol.

Phew!  y'all are hard to keep up with...lol....time to hit the paperwork, but just HAD to check in to see where this was heading...on the plus side, I got our taxes done...all we need to do is sign and mail (we have a residential energy credit and they won't accept e-file on returns that have that because their system hasn't been updated yet...so says IRS website and TurboTax)....off to crunch numbers and research new service providers....see, this is the kind of strange stuff I like (but if you were to ask me, I'd tell you that math and numbers aren't my friend)....and here we have another unrelated post...lol

Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I'd love to go.

Damn, I hate being broke. It sucks. :(

Quoting Cindy18:

OMG!!! You are a freakin' genius!!

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

WAIT!!! If we are doing NO KIDS... Let's make it VEGAS - tha'ts a little more central to everyone and more adult fun!

Quoting Cindy18:

I'm in!!!! I'm NOT bringing the kids...... I need a vacation from the attitude!

Quoting steelcrazy:

I'm down with that.  Do I have to bring the kids?

Quoting Barabell:

Snark Team Convention 2013 is going to be in Disneyland.

I vote that Jinx is going to make all the arrangements! :-)

corrinacs
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Wow, time has slipped me by!  When the heck did that happen!!  I know I wasn't that active in the beginning until my son was actually in K, so maybe that's part of it.

But as a group, most of you have been fantastic :).  I don't "know know" most of you yet though.  But I'm starting ot pick out a few names.

Besides, at the time,  I couldn't think of anything special to say.  I was rather busy and then the post got lost upon me.......I didn't want to just say something cliche.

Quoting Cindy18:

You joined ESK in March of 2012, you have part of this group for almost a year. Not a month. You are a silver member meaning you have made over 1,000 replies in this group.

Quoting corrinacs:

Quoting Cindy18:

Quoting corrinacs:

soymujer
by Mikki on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I think people are reading too much into it or taking things a little too personal.  JMO.  Seems like I always get criticized for things I post.  

Quoting Cindy18:

And your compliment was kinda backhanded....

It was a compliment but with a little dig at the moms that are on here more than you.

Quoting soymujer:

I didn't get on here till after 6 pm....

family in the van   Mom of four

fullofhope1
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Ok same thing and please don't take my opinion offensively ..... Thx

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

it wasn't about her fishing for compliments @@

It was just a way to make people smile and think positive thoughts for each other and maybe brighten someone's day.

Quoting fullofhope1:

You can always "bump" it if your not satisfied that people aren't complimenting you more.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calimom1123
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:54 PM
Im always mobile so I never see avatars and only know a few sn's. Plus I never read QOTD posts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)