Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

REALLY!!!! You can't compliment a stranger??

Posted by   + Show Post

I put my QOTD post yesterday and thought it would be nice to celebrate Compliment Day.....

6 replies by 6pm. REALLY??????

No one seems to have a problem giving strangers advice and telling them actually what they are doing wrong in their lives,  but ask them to be nice and give a compliment and everyone runs from the post like cockroaches when the lights turn on!

I find it baffling...

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Replies (21-30):
ihave1
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I never saw that post, or I would have replied.

Great way to ASSume the worse of people. 

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:32 PM

You know that I absolutely love lots of a$$ kissing, so pucker up baby!  kiss

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Illbe honest...I waas too lazy to type an answer...but I thought one in my head...if I posted it today it would sound like kissing (_!_) ... lol

Eh....who cares....lol

The mods here are about the best of any group I'm in :)

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Actually she posted the same thing in two different groups and in the other group it got tons of replies and in this one, which is a much more active group, it was basically ignored.  So nothing was ASSumed, other than by you.

BTW - this is a very supportive, friendly group.  I really hope that you catch that vibe quickly.

Quoting ihave1:

ihave1
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Yet still I never saw the post or I would have made  a reply so she IS assuming the worse.  

BTW I know that this is a very supportive, friendly group what does that have to do w/ anything?  Nothing.  Not sure why you are being "bitchy" towards me. 

Quoting steelcrazy:

Actually she posted the same thing in two different groups and in the other group it got tons of replies and in this one, which is a much more active group, it was basically ignored.  So nothing was ASSumed, other than by you.

BTW - this is a very supportive, friendly group.  I really hope that you catch that vibe quickly.

Quoting ihave1:

AleaKat
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:44 PM
I don't like giving compliments just to give them otherwise I feel like its not genuine. However when I see some ignorant shit my anger is ver genuine and my fingers do the talking. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Des10ed2b
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:02 PM

i give strangers compliments all the time. I will tell people at the store that i love their hair, their shoes, that they kids are so well behaved, etc. 

jaytee
by Jen on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:22 PM

I give strangers compliments all the time! I'm sure they think I'm a weirdo but it's cool :-)

Idntreallycare
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I didn't see it

jaytee
by Jen on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Oh and I just want to say that when you search QOTD in this group there are at least 15 responses to almost all of them so it is a little weird that by 6 pm there were only 6 responses...

1234abcd4321
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:41 PM

are you done scolding people for not complimenting others on some random internet post yet? this is absolutely bizarre.

Quoting jaytee:

Oh and I just want to say that when you search QOTD in this group there are at least 15 responses to almost all of them so it is a little weird that by 6 pm there were only 6 responses...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)