Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

REALLY!!!! You can't compliment a stranger??

Posted by   + Show Post

I put my QOTD post yesterday and thought it would be nice to celebrate Compliment Day.....

6 replies by 6pm. REALLY??????

No one seems to have a problem giving strangers advice and telling them actually what they are doing wrong in their lives,  but ask them to be nice and give a compliment and everyone runs from the post like cockroaches when the lights turn on!

I find it baffling...

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Replies (31-40):
jaytee
by Jen on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I'm pretty sure I didn't scold anybody...I was just saying

Quoting 1234abcd4321:

are you done scolding people for not complimenting others on some random internet post yet? this is absolutely bizarre.

Quoting jaytee:

Oh and I just want to say that when you search QOTD in this group there are at least 15 responses to almost all of them so it is a little weird that by 6 pm there were only 6 responses...

corrinacs
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I always compliment strangers IRL. But on here, I'm still relatively new to the group and I haven't made close friends with any of you yet (that I'm aware of).  So, when I saw your post, I thought about it and coudln't think of anyONE to write it for.  I don't know enough about you to say much to make it meaningful anyway.

aetrom
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:28 PM
I do not tras every post, just what catches My eye... I do not have time! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missmansmommy
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Me too!

Christine0813
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Same here.

Quoting jillbailey26:

I didn't even see it.  I don't know very many people on here well enough to compliment them, but if I see that the situation calls for it, I will.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:00 PM

I have a compliment for Jinx. 

She's a good very judge of mod skills. 

blowing kisses

Quoting Jinx-Troublex3:

Illbe honest...I waas too lazy to type an answer...but I thought one in my head...if I posted it today it would sound like kissing (_!_) ... lol

Eh....who cares....lol

The mods here are about the best of any group I'm in :)

Threes.Company
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I only pop in here now and again.

I am surprised that you would post a somewhat aggressive post about your disappointment, considering the other post was about complimenting people.

This is surely not a compliment towards anyone...

Maybe it's not a good idea to vent about a compliment post with a post that's intended to make others feel badly about themselves?

gracie0221
by Gracie on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:15 PM

Well I usually answer those posts, but I didn't see that one for some reason but I also didn't realize it was that serious to answer those posts. 

Karen_S
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:15 PM

I don't read the QOTD, Kitchen Talk, Random thoughts, etc. posts.  So it wasn't a problem with not wanting to compliment people, it was that I like cafemom because I feel like I can get some interesting parenting perspectives and sometimes help people with a perspective I have, and the QOTD is generally not about real parenting situations but "other stuff" I don't personally find as interesting. 

Heartlight617
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry, missed it:( But, you are really thoughtful to think of that idea. We all need a little pick me up now and then! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)