Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

REALLY!!!! You can't compliment a stranger??

Posted by   + Show Post

I put my QOTD post yesterday and thought it would be nice to celebrate Compliment Day.....

6 replies by 6pm. REALLY??????

No one seems to have a problem giving strangers advice and telling them actually what they are doing wrong in their lives,  but ask them to be nice and give a compliment and everyone runs from the post like cockroaches when the lights turn on!

I find it baffling...

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Replies (41-50):
Cindy18
by Cruella on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:46 PM

BUT, you will give an on-line stranger advice about their personal life.......

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Quoting Barabell:

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I don't really know anyone on here, and I'm terrible at giving compliments online.

What would I say? Your screen name looks fantastic on you! So figure flattering.

I haven't been in this group too much lately, but I still recognize your avatar. So I know you've been pretty active lately.

What you would say is something like "your advice really helped me through that situation with my kid" or "I find so and so very supportive" or "I like that you tell it like it is" or "you have a great sense of humor." I compliment does not have to involve how someone looks or their physical features. I haven't met any of the moms in this group in real life either.

I'm TERRIBLE at complimenting, either I can't think of anything or I over do it and then I feel like I seem disingenuous. I don't have the right personality for it or something...

Cindy18
by Cruella on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Not scolding anyone. I just think it's a very interesting social experment.... This post has over 40 replies, most of whom are either defending WHY that didn't reply to the post in question or Giving me greif for making this post at all.

BUT when asked to compliment someone else.... NOTHING...GHOST TOWN...

Quoting 1234abcd4321:

are you done scolding people for not complimenting others on some random internet post yet? this is absolutely bizarre.

Quoting jaytee:

Oh and I just want to say that when you search QOTD in this group there are at least 15 responses to almost all of them so it is a little weird that by 6 pm there were only 6 responses...

Cindy18
by Cruella on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:53 PM

My point is.... You answer and give advice to strangers in this group all the time but couldn't think of one nice thing to say about anyone in here.....

You are not that new, honey.

Quoting corrinacs:

I always compliment strangers IRL. But on here, I'm still relatively new to the group and I haven't made close friends with any of you yet (that I'm aware of).  So, when I saw your post, I thought about it and coudln't think of anyONE to write it for.  I don't know enough about you to say much to make it meaningful anyway.

catrig
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:55 PM

I like your avi.

catrig
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:56 PM

You have spunk!  I like spunk!

Cindy18
by Cruella on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I am not ASSuming anything, sweetie. It's a point blank fact. Any other day, my QOTD gets at least 15ish replies, on the day I ask everyone to be nice to one another, NOTHING.

This post alone, I think proves my point, 40ish replies about why you can't give a on-line stranger a compliment or giving me hell for calling you out on it.

Just so you don't think I'm ASSuming, YOU above is a general YOU not directed at YOU.

Quoting ihave1:

I never saw that post, or I would have replied.

Great way to ASSume the worse of people. 

Cindy18
by Cruella on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you to both!!!

I like you too!

Quoting catrig:

You have spunk!  I like spunk!

bellaamore
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I only recognize like four people here, and thats because i dont like them. Lol.

And, i avoid qotd posts anyway. They bore me.

Btw, by "here" i mean cm. lol. And, i didnt even see that post yesterday.

Cindy18
by Cruella on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:02 PM

But I will ASSume that you give your unedited advice to strangers on here, correct? Do you ever compliment them?

Quoting bellaamore:

I only recognize like four people here, and thats because i dont like them. Lol.

And, i avoid qotd posts anyway. They bore me.

calsmom62
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm afraid I didn't see it either. Don't give up! Give us another chance

Quoting jillbailey26:

I didn't even see it.  I don't know very many people on here well enough to compliment them, but if I see that the situation calls for it, I will.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)