Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

After School Schedule?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:45 PM
  • 17 Replies

Hi everyone I am new here, I have 4 boys age 5 months, 19 months, 6 and 8. So I was just wondering what your scheduels for after school are because I am having some trouble starting a routine... and I don't want my kids to suffer because of my problems with scheduling!!! So any suggestions?

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Ours is fairly simple.  Snack, homework, and then dinner.  After dinner schedule varies daily.  Some days there are extra curriculars, and others the kids get to play or watch tv/video games.  We do homework right away because there typically isn't time after dinner on the nights that we do have extracurriculars.

Barabell
by Barbara on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:10 PM

We don't really have a set schedule. But I have an only child with a busy sports schedule during the school year. It's easy for us to stay flexible, and it's important that we stay flexible because practice and games time vary day-to-day. My son is old enough to look at his sports schedule and know if he has to do homework as soon as coming home or if he has time to do it later after having a break. His preference is to have a break.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:12 PM

She has no activities so she comes home around 4pm, does homework, plays on computer while dinner is being made, bath and then to bed where she can watch a video or be read another story.

veganistic
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 9:38 PM
My 8yo dd comes home, snack, homework or chore, plays with friends outside or reads/draws til dinner @ 6, dessert, jammies, gets ready for bed, bed between 8 and 830.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I have four boys to 4 -14. Looks like you already got some help from the moms who posted before me. I work at a before and after school care program, my afternoons are spent with other peoples kids.

momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:24 AM

I pick up dd 7 and she has a snack and then does her required reading on the 30-40 min drive home. Once we're home, she does any math and spelling that she has and 2 times a week she also has to write in her journal, then she plays for awhile with her little brother 4.5, then we take my sister to school, come home, have dinner, play with daddy, bedtime routine and bed.

That is true of Mon,Tue and Thur. On Wed, she does her reading on the way to Ballet and her spelling after she changes into to her dance clothes, I leave her there and take my sister to school, come back for her and then the rest is the same. On Friday, she has chess club after school from 3:15-4:15 and she doesn't have homework so it's just snack, play with her brother, play with daddy, dinner, play with daddy or family game time, bedtime routine and bed. 

endurablemist
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:27 AM
Lets see, on days without activities it snack, homework, dinner, play.

Monday's she has play practice, we leave after dinner.
Wednesday's she does kids for Christ, right after school, the bus actually takes her there.
Thursday's she does youth group, sometimes she gets homework done first, sometimes only some of it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BlessedToBeMe
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:56 AM

For my 7 yr its snack, 30 minutes of unwind/tv time, homework--then the rest of the day depend on what we have going on in regards to sports/activties for him/other kids/or all of us

mom2the.rescue
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Come home, eat snack, play on computer/with friends/watch tv, go to sports, come home, shower, do homework, eat dinner, go to bed.

TristansMom440
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Snack, free-play, dinner, homework, bath, reading, bed

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)