Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

i am going to become a professional heart breaker

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:15 AM
  • 3 Replies

You heard me.   Every time i tell dd consequences of her making a bad choice, she tells me i broke her heart or hurt her heart.  I think we have entered the drama years since usually it is her losing ice cream due to not picking up her clothing from floor that needs to go in hamper.

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
barrelracer1699
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:19 AM

My daughter does the same thing. She is 3, and if we yell at her she takes off to her bedroom, saying "You hurt my heart."

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:24 AM

How do you handle it? Laugh, apologize, remind her that the bad choices caused it?  My dd is 6 (7 in march) but slightly delayed emotionally.

Quoting barrelracer1699:

My daughter does the same thing. She is 3, and if we yell at her she takes off to her bedroom, saying "You hurt my heart."

barrelracer1699
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:25 AM

I just let her hang out in her room, when she is ready to come out she comes out and plays. Then I just ask her if she knew why she got in trouble, then tell her I love her and give her a big hug!

Quoting frndlyfn:

How do you handle it? Laugh, apologize, remind her that the bad choices caused it?  My dd is 6 (7 in march) but slightly delayed emotionally.

Quoting barrelracer1699:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN