Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

My son keeps wiping his mouth! WHY??

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:23 PM
  • 6 Replies
Ok so this is a strange question! My 3 year old son for the past 2 weeks keeps wiping his mouth with his arm/sleeve. His face looks horrible and is red, scabbed and bleeding. He doesn't have a runny nose or anything so I can't understand why he is doing it. I'm not letting him wear a shirt because the shirt is harsher on his face then his arm but don't know what else to do. He literally wipes every 30 seconds. I've put stuff on it and am constantly following him telling him to stop but it's almost like its impulsive! Anyone else deal with anything like this? Ill be taking him to the doctor in the next few days if I can't figure something out because I honestly don't know what to do :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Sorry, no idea.  It has been too long since I've had a toddler.  Have you asked the moms in the toddler group?  I'm sure that they would have some ideas.

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Could he be teething and excessive drool? My 4.5yo wipes his face a lot, but cause he thinks he's always dirty :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hallosheh
by on Jan. 23, 2014 at 2:53 AM
Hello there, my son is three years old and he does the same thing :( I am so worried and not sure what to do, I am also planning to take him to the doctor!! Did u take ur son to the doctor and what did he say? And is ur son still doing the same thing till now?!!!
JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 3:03 AM
My son went through a licking his mouth phase and his skin got like that. He stopped eventually. Vitamin e oil on it was the best thing I found to help it heal. It seemed like the more he licked it the more it bothered him and the more he licked it again!
mjande4
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 6:53 AM

Have you asked him why he's doing it?

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2014 at 9:12 AM
I think I'd take him to a dentist. Maybe he has some tooth or jaw pain and the pressure from swiping his arm across relives it a little
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)