Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Need advice!!

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:49 PM
  • 1 Replies

My sons teacher says he is having trouble in school. He is in kindergarten. She said that he can't seem to stay focused enough to do his work in class asnd she often needs to stand there and coax him to do it or it won't get done. I also noticed myself that he doesn't know the words and numbers that he used to know. I don't know how else to get him to learn his words and numbers, but I don't want him to fail kindergarten or have to be held back. The first 9 weeks the numbers on his report card were really good, but this time around most of his numbers went down. I need some suggestions on how to get my son to learn these things so he passes kindergarten. Thanks in advance.

True Love Never Dies

Dustie (Mimi)

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
1234abcd4321
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:53 PM

idk if this is good advice, but i'd take the pressure off at home. let the teacher do her thing and don't push learning at home for a bit. he may be feeling bogged down by it, and needs a break when he's not at school. if he has to be bugged into doing his work as it is, i worry that he may develop a negative attitude about it, making it that much harder. K is very busy for a little kiddo!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN