Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

does this make me a bad mom?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:52 PM
  • 52 Replies
i love my kids to death but i dont like taking them out in public. my family bought me a set of aquarium and zoo passes but i never used them. does that make me a bad mother?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytoeandb
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think it makes you a bad mother, but I do find it odd. Kids learn a lot interacting in places other than home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Why dont you want to take them out in public?  They need to learn how to interact with others.

diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

No. Next time you should be honest with your family, tell them  you don't intend to take your kids to experience the zoo and aquarium so they can save their money.

luvmybug
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:02 PM
I just find it a bit odd.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommy06and09
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:02 PM
i dont know i just dont. they get plenty of interaction time at their school/daycares. i wish i enjoyed it. honestly i dont much like to spend a lot of time with them. i cant figure out why. i used to love it but now, slowly over the last few months, i have wanted to spend less and less time with them.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Why dont you want to take them out in public?  They need to learn how to interact with others.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momyplease
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:02 PM
why you don't like to take them out in public?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:05 PM
5 moms liked this

That sounds like a depression is taking over in your body.   I would love those types of passes.  Perhaps plan one weekend a month to use one or the other pass with them.  For me the crowds at zoo deter me big time from going.  Maybe have someone else take them that you trust as well.  They can have mommy free fun day.

Quoting mommy06and09:

i dont know i just dont. they get plenty of interaction time at their school/daycares. i wish i enjoyed it. honestly i dont much like to spend a lot of time with them. i cant figure out why. i used to love it but now, slowly over the last few months, i have wanted to spend less and less time with them.

Quoting frndlyfn:

mom22tumblebugs
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:07 PM
2 moms liked this

No, but why don't you give them away to another family that can if you aren't going to use them.

mommy06and09
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:12 PM
lol at first i thought you meant my kids. i was gonna say... anyways they were from last year. i was planning on taking the kids once a month when we got them but then i kept coming up with stupid excuses why i shouldnt.

Quoting mom22tumblebugs:

No, but why don't you give them away to another family that can if you aren't going to use them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Well, it depends on the struggles you are against.  How many children do you have?  Do the tickets have to be used on the same day?  If not, then take them one at a time :).

Just like mommytoeandb said, kids do learn a lot by going "hands on" and an aquarium is one of the few places they can learn about marine life :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN