Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Anyone else?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:50 PM
  • 7 Replies
My daughter Julia is 8 and in the first grade, recently i got a note home from school that she is touching other kids in a harmful way, when i ask her she doesnt know what hapen. I am not sure what to do as a mom, both my husband and i are confused and would like other opions. I am open with discussion if it means getting some help.
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BlessedToBeMe
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:53 PM

have you called & talked to the teacher about it?

Momyplease
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:55 PM
ask for a meeting with the teacher and figure out what your daughter did exactly. then go from there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Igetitnow143
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:59 PM
I have had 3 conferences with teacher, principal, and my counseler. The teacher and prinipal both admitted that they r going of the word of another student and dont see actually what happens, this is where i get upset cause my daughter is being punished without the whole story
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not exactly sure what 'touching someone in a harmful way' is, but have you talked to her about why it is wrong and what she should do instead?

BlessedToBeMe
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:03 PM

I know that you are just wanting to believe your daughter but do you think there is a reason that kids would be lying about her being mean to them? I don't think a simple talk with her about how she needs to be nice & keep her hands to herself will hurt anything, even if you are inclined to believe her that she isn't doing anything wrong

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

What kind of harmful way?  Pushing, hitting, kicking ?  I would need more specifics as to how i would talk to her about it.  For now talk about how we keep our hands to ourselves when we are not feeling nice.

Igetitnow143
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM
I have had plenty of talks with Julia and i have strongly explained about keeping our hands to ourselves, i have had her coming home crying because of kids touching her, when i say touching in a harmfulway i mean hitting, pinching, punching. My daughter will tell u she knows beter then to hit, but i have a feeling that she is only defending herself against the other kids
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN