Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Anyone else?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:50 PM
  • 7 Replies
My daughter Julia is 8 and in the first grade, recently i got a note home from school that she is touching other kids in a harmful way, when i ask her she doesnt know what hapen. I am not sure what to do as a mom, both my husband and i are confused and would like other opions. I am open with discussion if it means getting some help.
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
BlessedToBeMe
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:53 PM

have you called & talked to the teacher about it?

Momyplease
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:55 PM
ask for a meeting with the teacher and figure out what your daughter did exactly. then go from there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Igetitnow143
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:59 PM
I have had 3 conferences with teacher, principal, and my counseler. The teacher and prinipal both admitted that they r going of the word of another student and dont see actually what happens, this is where i get upset cause my daughter is being punished without the whole story
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not exactly sure what 'touching someone in a harmful way' is, but have you talked to her about why it is wrong and what she should do instead?

BlessedToBeMe
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:03 PM

I know that you are just wanting to believe your daughter but do you think there is a reason that kids would be lying about her being mean to them? I don't think a simple talk with her about how she needs to be nice & keep her hands to herself will hurt anything, even if you are inclined to believe her that she isn't doing anything wrong

frndlyfn
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

What kind of harmful way?  Pushing, hitting, kicking ?  I would need more specifics as to how i would talk to her about it.  For now talk about how we keep our hands to ourselves when we are not feeling nice.

Igetitnow143
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM
I have had plenty of talks with Julia and i have strongly explained about keeping our hands to ourselves, i have had her coming home crying because of kids touching her, when i say touching in a harmfulway i mean hitting, pinching, punching. My daughter will tell u she knows beter then to hit, but i have a feeling that she is only defending herself against the other kids
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN