Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How munch homework does your kid get????

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:49 AM
  • 33 Replies
My ds is in 2nd gr and gets about 4-5 pages a night
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corrinacs
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Caden is in Kindergarten and he gets one to two worksheets per week.  That's it :)

AlohaTink
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Aiden is in kinder and gets a 4-8 page packet every week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:21 AM
My daughter is supposed to read for 20 minutes 20 days a week. Other than that, two weeks ago she brought home a paper that she used to tell me about a book they read at school, and she'll be getting a book sent home each week to read to us after practicing it in class that week.
sammyreymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:45 AM

My dd is in 2nd grade and she gets a packet of about 3-4 sheets a week that are do on Friday AM.  She also has to read 15 minutes a night.

bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Dd is in 2nd grade and only has homework from school when she misses a day...I have bought her math workbooks, and printed things out for her to do every evening....She needs all the help she can get in math

gracie0221
by Gracie on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:22 PM

my dd gets a packet on monday with 5 pages(HW on both sides) and its due friday. She also has to read for at least 15 min on each night and does a book report once a week. she's in 1st grade.

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Dd is in 1st gr. She has a spelling contract each week- she has to do at least 4 different activities to practice her spelling words. She sometimes get a homework page to do over the weekend, but not often.

Ds2 is in 3rd gr.  He has spelling words to practice all week, one specific spelling page, a math page 2-3 times a week, and anything he doesn't finish in class (he works a bit slowly).

Ds1 is in 8th gr. His amount varies depending on what's being covered in class and how much he's gotten done in study hall. He always has math, has a Spanish workbook page a couple times a week, and always has to practice orchestra. Sometimes he has stuff for his other classes, sometimes not.

jen113000
by Jenna on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Son is in 1st grade and gets 2 or 3 papers a night plus reading.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
soymujer
by Mikki on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:03 PM

My first grader has been bringing a lot lately but that's because he couldn't focus and didn't get them done in class

AleaKat
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Mine is in kindergarten
His HW is optional but we read 1 book and do a worksheet together.
I want to Instill the habit now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)