Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

School Pledges - What is your childs?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:06 AM
  • 44 Replies

It says:

I am responsible for my learning.

I am responsible for the success of the group.

I am making the choice to be caring, respectful, responsible, and safe.

Will you make this choice with me?

Does your kids school have a pledge?

by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:06 AM

BUMP!

gcstar42
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:08 AM

My son's school does not have one that I know of. They do have signs around their class with different rules and stuff but nothing they recite like a pledge. They do still say the pledge of allegience though! Lol.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Quoting gcstar42:

My son's school does not have one that I know of. They do have signs around their class with different rules and stuff but nothing they recite like a pledge. They do still say the pledge of allegience though! Lol.

Our still say the pledge of allegience and then they say their school pledge.

They can also be stopped in the hallway and asked to say their school pledge and explain it's meaning and then they get cardinal cash (reward tickets) if they get it right.

gcstar42
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Thats cool. I remember when I was a kid our school gave us Eagle Bucks lol. Every friday a lady would come around pushing this little cart with all sorts of knick knacks and we could use our eagle bucks to buy things. I do not believe my sons school does anything like this. In his specific classroom his teacher does a sticker chart though and when they get a certain amount of stickers they get to pick something from her treasure chest.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting gcstar42:

They can also be stopped in the hallway and asked to say their school pledge and explain it's meaning and then they get cardinal cash (reward tickets) if they get it right.

GagaNTattooS
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Ummmm no idea
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I love that not only can they buy cheap crap with their cash but they can buy privileges too. They can use their cash to read to another class, or buy 30 minutes to play on the WII in the principals office..etc. I really love their school!!

Quoting gcstar42:

Thats cool. I remember when I was a kid our school gave us Eagle Bucks lol. Every friday a lady would come around pushing this little cart with all sorts of knick knacks and we could use our eagle bucks to buy things. I do not believe my sons school does anything like this. In his specific classroom his teacher does a sticker chart though and when they get a certain amount of stickers they get to pick something from her treasure chest.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting gcstar42:

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Quoting GagaNTattooS:

Ummmm no idea

You should ask your child if they have a pledge or motto.

maxswolfsuit
by Max on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:21 AM

I like that pledge. 

We don't have one. 

bizkit_fanky
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Dont think she has one

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Quoting maxswolfsuit:

I like that pledge. 

We don't have one. 

My Aunt is a high school teacher. As soon as she heard my DD say this pledge she wrote it down and implemented in her classroom (special needs classroom) and is going to send it to her principal to see about getting it put up around the school. =D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN