Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

School Automated Alert Systems...How Late is Too Late to Call?

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:29 AM
  • 48 Replies

Our school uses the AlertNow system to issue automated calls about things like school closings and delays, etc. So last night, we got a call at 11:30 p.m. from the system, telling us school was on a two-hour delay for today. Hubs was pissed, as he has to get up at the crack of dawn for work, and it also woke up CJ, who had a hard time going back to sleep.

Our last name starts with a B, so I would imagine that by the time the system was done calling everyone on the list, some people got calls as late as 1 a.m.

I'm thinking of calling the school today and telling them that I never expect to be called that late again. It's easy enough to check in the morning if school is delayed.

Would you be upset if you got called that late?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulesFairy
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:30 AM
Huh? I have no post
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:31 AM
What?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsbmom
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:32 AM

There was a glitch and it posted while I was still trying to type. You should be able to see it now.

sweettea1985
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:33 AM

they called my cell at 611a

cjsbmom
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Quoting sweettea1985:

they called my cell at 611a

Cells aren't so bad, especially if you have them turned off. But they called our home phone. That's the other problem. I don't ever recall giving them our home numbers, just the cell phones.

JulesFairy
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Oh. I do see it now.
To answer your question, I agree thats late especially since it disturbed your whole household. It would probably do the same with mine. My school has a text message and email only option and thats what I signed up for, maybe you can look and see what options your schools have other than calling.
sweettea1985
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:36 AM

i would call the school and change numbers so they call your cell

Quoting cjsbmom:

Our school uses the AlertNow system to issue automated calls about things like school closings and delays, etc. So last night, we got a call at 11:30 p.m. from the system, telling us school was on a two-hour delay for today. Hubs was pissed, as he has to get up at the crack of dawn for work, and it also woke up CJ, who had a hard time going back to sleep.

Our last name starts with a B, so I would imagine that by the time the system was done calling everyone on the list, some people got calls as late as 1 a.m.

I'm thinking of calling the school today and telling them that I never expect to be called that late again. It's easy enough to check in the morning if school is delayed.

Would you be upset if you got called that late?

capfelbeck
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:36 AM
I get a txt mine came around 6
LittleBirdFly
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:39 AM

yes its kinda late. But on the other hand if everything runs 2 hours late some other people might be mad if they hear about it in the morning when they already wake instead of the night before and can sleep longer. But really the school should have known that before 11:30pm. Why was everything late anyways? Or was it some kind of emergency?

OneDay.
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:43 AM
The school calls me at 5am. Phones don't wake any of us if we are sleeping.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN