Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I call them what they are...making him to sexual aware?

Okay so a back story I was molested as a young child...so I have always taught my son actual names for his body parts (Penis) or a womans (vagina) he knows they are different and for those that judge you can not tell me your child has never walked in on you in the bathroom. ANYWAYS...I have been told because of this I am making my son now 7 too sexual aware....REALLY???

What are thoughts...BASH AWAY!

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Replies (61-65):
janitablue
by Janita on Jan. 29, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I am curious why would you think someone would want to bash you away when you are doing something that is right. Hugs I am sorry about you being  molested as a young child.

Jazmyn1
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Um no!! Thats what the areas are called i always though it dumb to give them nicknames your doing fine. Ive learned no matter what we do as parents ppl will ALWAYS have something to say
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hottubgodess
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Nah.  Sounds better than having a 9 yr old saying "he hit me in the Wee Wee!!!"  LOL

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:15 PM
My boys have known the proper parts for a man and woman's body since they were potty trained. I don't get how that makes a child sexual aware.
liliana5
by New Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:43 PM
My daughter walked in at 5-yrs when I putting a tampon in and ask "mommy why are you putting toilette paper up your butt" so at that moment we had the discussion about periods. Just the basics. I think be open and honest is the key as long as its catered to them so they understand.

Quoting wakymom:

Whoever told you that is the one(s) w/ the issue, not you.

I admit, we use the terms "squirter" and "girl parts" in our house, but my kids do know the correct names are "penis" and "vagina".  They know about good touch/bad touch. I even had to explain the extreme basics about periods to dd when she was 4 (that's what happens when a 4 y/o follows you into the bathrm during af and asks why your pee is red!).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)