Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Number reading practise

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:52 PM
  • 6 Replies

My K son likes to read the number of replies to each post when I'm in this forum. So its a good thing there are a few posts with over 100 replies so he has harder numbers to read! lol  I also went to MC since I know they tend to have even more replies/post.  I was hoping I'd find one or two with 1000+ replies, but no such luck.

Good thing he doesn't read well enough to read post titles, though, esp in MC! lol

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:53 PM

DD loves to read the whole post  LOL.   We go on LOLcats alot for her to practice reading since they tend to do phonetic spelling rather than real spelling.

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:56 PM

NC used to have post with over 1000 replies... that was before MC came around

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Back when my boys were little, we'd have to go old school and hit the grocery store to practice numbers.  lol  We'd also use signs and license plates for practice, although this was well before my boys were in school.  Both could count and read numbers well past 100 prior to kindergarten.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Yeah, my son has been more of a letters & reading kid than numbers & counting kid.  He's probably about average with his numbers ability, although he's had no trouble reading any of the numbers in the hundreds.  Which is why I was looking for numbers in the thousands to see how he'd do with those.

I remember learning about numbers in the thousands in 4th grade. I wonder when they teach those now.

Quoting steelcrazy:

Back when my boys were little, we'd have to go old school and hit the grocery store to practice numbers.  lol  We'd also use signs and license plates for practice, although this was well before my boys were in school.  Both could count and read numbers well past 100 prior to kindergarten.

Just thought it funny the learning opportunities that CM can, unknowingly, provide. :)

corrinacs
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Definitely signs and license plates.  Especially around here.  We have route 7100 and 7000, etc.

kmrtigger
by Kandice on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:58 PM

That is great! Glad CM could be of some assistant to him and his learning.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN