Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Will they ever fall out?!?!?!?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:14 AM
  • 34 Replies

His baby teeth that is... lol...

My son is going to be 8 in March.... he hasn't lost one baby tooth!!!! 

I think it's strange. I've taken him into the dentist about it twice in the past year and they keep telling me to just wait it out and they will fall out when they are ready. He's the only one in his class that hasn't lost a tooth, and I've asked many friends/family members with children around his age and they all have lost at least one if not more baby teeth.

I even had the fear that maybe he didn't have adult teeth (crazy idea I know) and they did x-rays and he does have them - although his front one is sideways.... the dentist said it may straighten out when it comes down (I hope!).

Anyways, anyone else deal with this? Am I freaking out over nothing? 

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AleaKat
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:16 AM
My roots to a couple of my baby teeth were so large that they had to be pulled.
It's worth asking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fullxbusymom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:23 AM

I know exactly the feeling I have an almost 7 yr old that has only lost 1 tooth.  It is crazy, with not one loose tooth in his mouth.

SwtSnowflake2
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Be glad! The longer he keeps his baby teeth the better! I had slow teeth. I can't remember when I lost my first tooth, but I remember losing my last tooth in 10th grade!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Dd just turned 7 and hasn't lost any teeth yet, either. She's a bit upset/jealous that all her friends have lost teeth already and she hasn't. I tell her that b/c she got her baby teeth later, she's going to lose them later, too. Doesn't make her any happier, but it gets her to stop whining : ) The dentist isn't worried- all adult teeth are there, nothing is pushing or crowding. She does have some that are getting loose, but she is so impatient for her 1st visit from the tooth fairy!

Jessica020410
by Jessica on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:32 AM
My son turned 8 in September and still hasn't lost a tooth.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsAmyLynn83
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Glad to hear we're not the only one!!! Thank you, makes me feel a bit better!

Quoting Jessica020410:

My son turned 8 in September and still hasn't lost a tooth.

diaperstodating
by Angel on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I have the opposite problem. My eight year old hardly has any teeth. He had dental surgery when he was 2 and had 7 teeth removed, plus he lost his baby teeth over the years. I have been wanting his permanent teeth to come in for years.

Lslk
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:53 AM

My DD(7) has lost only 2 baby teeth so far. My oldest DD(12) finally lost the last of her baby teeth 2 months ago. I take the Dentist advise and wait it out. If the teeth don't start appearing I'm sure your Dentist will do something about it then but the Dentist isn't worried then I wouldnt be.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:05 AM
DS didn't lose his first until he was almost 7. By 7, DD had lost all of them. Everyone is different. As long as the dentist is OK with it, try not to stress over it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BKozICan
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Opposite here. My kids started losing teeth at three and lost most of them by age five. My nine year old is getting his 12-year molars. :-/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)