Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

febrile seizure

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:09 AM
  • 8 Replies
I am going through a lot with my 2nd grader. He has had febrile seizures off and on since he was 17 months old. He is having trouble in school and I am very concerned. Does anyone know if I should look into having some tests done on his brain or if I'm just being crazy? I'm scared that the seizures could have done damage. Advice please!!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this

If you are concerned, have it checked! better to find out it's not related than let it go untreated.

barrelracer1699
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:15 AM

I agree with the previous poster. If you are concerned I would have him checked out. I thought they outgrew them by about the age of 5?

wakymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:34 AM

I agree w/ having him checked. Won't hurt anything if there was no affect, and good to find out if there was.

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:58 AM
1 mom liked this

I am really surprised your pedi hasn't referred him to a pediatric neurologist. Especially since this is an ongoing thing. I would absolutely positively ask for a referral. Get him tested. It is better to be safe than sorry.

kaylasmom22
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:00 AM
How old is your child? Febrile seizures stop at the age of 6. After that it's not febrile anymore,have the doc perform a MRI. Dd had 4 from 11 months to 2 years old.
jen113000
by Jenna on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I agree with everyone else. I would get him checked out to be on the safe side.

scaredmom05
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Thank you all for your advice! Kaylasmom22, he had just turned 7 when the last one happened. I'm just scared and worried! He's my world!!
dsebastian23
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Those arnt febile seizures if they have lasted this long....coming from someone whos child has secondary generalized epilepsy syndrome.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)