Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Elementary School Kids Elementary School Kids

Everyone is a reader

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:35 AM
  • 47 Replies
1 mom liked this

What children's book made you love reading?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytoeandb
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Cute! I love to read. My favorite is Where the Red Fern Grows.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:39 AM

That is a cool graphic, can i "steal:"it?

SP_Mama
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Nancy Drew. I started reading those early. I also loved R.L Stine and Christopher Pike books.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Dr. Seuss green eggs and ham.

I memorized it as a tot. And then learned to read at an early age.. I still love reading..

I wish my boys had got my easy of learning to read :/ instead they struggle like their father
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
debramommyof4
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I loved The Phantom Tollbooth.  It was awesome.

steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I don't see why not.  lol  I stole it from National PTA.  It gave me the inspiration for a project to encourage reading at school.  I'm posing this very question to the staff at our school and am going to make posters (or something) with their answer on it and hang them around the building in the hopes of inspiring a love a reading in the children.

Quoting frndlyfn:

That is a cool graphic, can i "steal:"it?

AleaKat
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Harry potter! I wasn't much of a reader before
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steelcrazy
by Emerald Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:47 AM

I absolutely hated reading as a child and struggled with it for many years.  A teacher suggested Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein and that is where my love of reading started.  That book of silly poems made me realise that reading could be fun instead of a boring chore that I had to do.

Quoting mommaFruFru:

I memorized it as a tot. And then learned to read at an early age.. I still love reading..

I wish my boys had got my easy of learning to read :/ instead they struggle like their father

natesmom1228
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:48 AM

I honestly don't remember. We were brought up reading and always had our own library of books. I am raising my son the same way.

frndlyfn
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Have you read their other books?   My dad brought out my copy of The Giving Tree which is over 25 yrs old for dd to add to her collection.

Quoting steelcrazy:

I absolutely hated reading as a child and struggled with it for many years.  A teacher suggested Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein and that is where my love of reading started.  That book of silly poems made me realise that reading could be fun instead of a boring chore that I had to do.

Quoting mommaFruFru:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN